Pictures - 800 gallon reef - 7+ years in operation

The bridge in the pic

The bridge in the pic

How did you bend the wood? And what wood did you use? Now you have my wife wanting me to build that bridge. Jeez man!

Thanks,
James

Had someone purchase some crap on one of credit cards on time.

Back to the tanks!

Nice pond. I only hope to create a backyard close to yours. I too will be digging a pond in the years to come.

i'm curious as to what wood you used around your pond? I was told not to use pressure treated wood over my koi pond.

Simply amazing!!! WOW. Love your attention to details. I've been in the planing stages of my own fishroom and pond for the past 3 months and will incorporate a lot of what I seen in your pics.

Truly breathtaking, privacy aside....I respect that, but would still like to know what you do for a living....and I know that its been asked several times but has not yet to be addressed....don't need to know where you live nor how much you make persay, what you do for a living will answer all without having to disclose too much....if you don't want to answer then thats perfectly fine as well, its just how the heck in the world would we know if we can afford such luxuries if we don't know what field of work you're in so we can follow your footsteps and be able to afford it as well.....thanks for your time and best regards for the present and future, most of all, thank you for sharing such beauty, without it, we don't know or really have an understanding of how beautiful we can make our little chunk of the ocean!

hcrk said:
..............This serves to increase the perception of depth when viewing the tank.
More specifically, a few discrete gaps were left in the back live rock wall which serve to enhance the illusion of debt

Uhmm no illusion of Debt here hcrk - if I did anything close to that I would have full blown - non-illusionary debt!! of course I am assuming you meant depth - but it made me chuckle!!

I noticed you have a rather elaborate sump system - have you ever thought about converting some of that space over to a refugium?

Tank is magnificant! How was the slot cut out for the external overflow? Laser, water jet or ground out with a rotary tool. Is there eggrate infront of the intake?

:fish1: :fish1: :fish1: :fish1: :fish1:

Could you please post some more pictures?

:fish1: :fish1: :fish1: :fish1::fish1:

great tank!!!!!!!! I planned on building a tank in my soon to be built home. It will be around 600 gallon of tank plus sump etc I not new to reef tanks but I am new to the massive amount of tech. and info out there it been a fun learning more in a month then I knew after 20 year with salt/reeftank. what advice do you have for me my tank is going to be an L shape tank with a fish room behind it

great tank!!!!!!!! I planned on building a tank in my soon to be built home. It will be around 600 gallon of tank plus sump etc I not new to reef tanks but I am new to the massive amount of tech. and info out there it been a fun learning more in a month then I knew after 20 year with salt/reeftank. what advice do you have for me my tank is going to be an L shape tank with a fish room behind it

Incredible!

I am in the process of planning and building a tank of this size. The ideas I am getting here are great. I only hope I can come close to what you have achieved.

I just found this thread today, and spent the night reading it. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. I shared it with my wife and son, they are as awestruck as I am. (BTW, we are also Lassen fans).

I set my 75g up 9 mos ago, and I've spent countless hours on RC learning how to get it off the ground. My 75g isn't worthy of being a hospital tank in your house. :)

One of my favorite events is having people see my tank for the first time, seeing their reactions. I can't imagine the satisfaction you get from that.

We are all inspired by your achievement, thanks so much for sharing it with us !

Back