Pictures - 800 gallon reef - 7+ years in operation

Thank you for sharing pictures and info concerning your reef and your backyard. Both are gorgeous slices of nature.

Wonderful, simply wonderful.

Mike

HOLY SPLIGARNHAFFINHOFF BATMAN. truly an amazig peice of work. I have never seen anything so breath taking... and ive been to the alps!!

WOW, now that is one beautiful tank along with your home! My wife and I have a bet on the cost, we have to know:) Nice job to say the least!

Rick

lighting o lighting

lighting o lighting

Ok Well these 400w are proving really costly to me also after a year or so I have to change the bulbs also please suggest what other ways (cheaper) are there to arrange my lighting which will prove friendly to my pocket for a long run.
This is my tanks view from above also its 4ft deep, what I am freaked about is how to arrange the 250 and 150 watt lighting, if you think this arrangement is not going to work then how many 400w lights would I need for my tank.

42171tank4.jpg
42171plan_view_1.bmp

Mohit, you need one bulb for every two square feet. So you will only need six bulbs total, not seven.

You definitely need 400w to penetrate 48" of water.

Now get out of that tank. That is only for reef dwellers! :D

Unbelievable thread!!! Have you ever gotten tank of the month or attempted to??

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lighting o lighting

lighting o lighting

This a rough diagram of how I want to look my tank like after landscaping, this diagram suggests that I can shift my inverts according to their light requirement also high wattage lighting can only be used on the sloping area of live rock as shown in the diagram. Now the question arises that where to put how much wattage which suits my pocket as well as my inverts, corals, clams etc.
Please suggest all suggestions and comments are warmly welcome.
42171landscape.bmp

Sometimes when it seems that things go down, looking at art like this tank allows to breathe normally again...

I have been informed that the picture server that I have been using is down.
That, of course, is the reason for the "red X's".
Hopefully, this is only a temporary problem that will resolve itself shortly.

.:bounce1: :bounce2: :bounce3: Love this tank and would love to see more pix !!! :bounce1: :bounce2: :bounce3:

your basement is bigger then my house!!! hell, your tank is bigger then my house!!!!! NICE tanke, very nice, and those tangs are great, soos soo soo very great!

Hi hcrk,

Thank you for your posts, replies, and pictures. Stunning to say the least!

I'm curious if you could tell us about two quick things:

1. Noise levels, do you have any sound proofing with all the pumps, water flow, etc? Do you find it necessary especially with the theatre adjacent?

2. Clean-up crew, I know that you had mentioned fire-worms, but what else do you employ?

Thanks once again!

Rob

Back