Pictures - 800 gallon reef - 7+ years in operation

It's probably safe to assume that some of the personal questions have caused hrck to abandon ship. He hasn't had a post since Sept. 1

carpetride said:
It's probably safe to assume that some of the personal questions have caused hrck to abandon ship. He hasn't had a post since Sept. 1

You are correct. The sad truth is that these "Reef Hiders" come onto the communite to share their dream and passion and by our shear numbers we manage to offend and scare them off. Most of us are not trying to do this, but this is what happens. We all have a naturualy curiousity to such a magnificent creations that we tend to overwhelm the creators with to many questions and often times far to much criticism.

And they leave.

Anyone remember Bill?

Bill Wann still posts from time to time. IMO, if you start a thread on a board with over 75,000 members, you open yourself up to a barrage of questions, and you should try to answer the ones pertinent to the heart of the thread. This obviously doesn't include revealing personal information, but does include answering the people who show genuine interest and have put thought into their questions so they can expand their own knowledge.

At the same time, as readers, there's no reason to even ask the personal questions he made very clear he didn't want to answer.

WOW WOW WOW i think that TANK is bigger than some FISH ROOMS that i have been in. Great job, keep up the AWSOME work for the next 7 years.

Following a lengthy absence, I recently accessed this forum in order to have a quick look at the most recent postings and, to my surprise, I found that this thread was still generating considerable interest.

My surprise stems from the fact that, when I last checked the posts on this forum, I looked through approximately 5 pages of headings and still could not find this thread. Accordingly, I assumed that interest had simply waned.

Also, and for reasons that I do not understand, I have, for some time now, not received any e'mail notifications that people had posted additional replies on this thread.

In any case, I will take some time out shortly in order to respond to questions posted during my absence.

I will also share some recent developments regarding my aquariums.

glad this came up as I missed the whole thread and just got done going through it. I think it was asked, but don't know if there was an answer, what part of the country are you in? I'm thinking about the backyard as I am doing something similar.
Thanks!

Nice to have you back, seems that I remember you saying you would like to start a discussion on nitrates or phosphates. Did you ever do this?

I have a question concerning your use of mirrors....

Do you have any trouble with territorial fish "staking their claim" so to speak? I briefly considered using a piece of mirrored glass for an overflow, and one of the concerns that was put forth was that fish would literally fight themselves to death.

While I threw out the use of the mirror because I found that manufactures use a copper layer on top of the silver to let the paint/lacquer layers bond better, but the idea is still festering in my mind.

Your tank is truly an inspiration! Thanks!

cseeton,

[welcome]

<b>hcrk</b>, I'm glad you are back. Sometimes email notifications can be a problem due to various ISP such as AOL, as they will block it as SPAM. If you continue to have problems, you should post in the Feedback & Questions forum so the staff can help.

Looking forward to more updates and further insight into your system. I've shown this thread to a number of people who are equally amazed and impressed.

Absolutely breathtaking! Hope you enjoy your precious work of art for many long years ahead. Please keep us posted in the future. Thanks for sharing with us!!

djfrankie

Absolutely stunning!

Now, he's back so stop asking him questions he has repeatedly told us he is not going to answer. Have a little respect for his privacy!

If you have to ask how much it is, you most likely can't afford it.
I'm glad there's someone here who can afford it and is willing to share with us.

Back