Pizza Night! Thursday, May 24th: Saltwater Island and Mkart's Tank!

Reeferhead

Recovering Reef Addict
Premium Member
This is going to be a fun one! :celeb3:

Meet up at Saltwater Island between 6:30 and 7:30pm

15214 Manchester Rd
Ballwin, MO 63011
http://www.saltwaterisland.com/

Then it's off to visit Matt (mkart) and Micki's place to see his awesome setup. Their place is about 15-20 minutes further away from city so we're going to forgo the typical restaurant portion of the evening. But fear not! We'll have plenty of eats. I'll let Matt chime in with the particulars he and Micki are planning but I believe there's talk of firing up that pizza oven of his. :D At any rate, plan on bringing something to share with the group. This should be one heck of a good time! :beer: :bounce1:

Mkart's 210 Build Thread

See You There!

I will be looking forward to this one. I have been wanting to see Matt's system.(and Micki's);) Should be a fun night. I have never been to Saltwater Island. The store looks nice from the web.

I'm going to try and make it. I don't get off work till 5, the wife even later and I have to take her home first. Then drive about a hour or longer to the event... unless you don't mind if I bring her along but she only loves tanks about half as much as me. LOL

We are very excited, and nervous, about sharing what we have accomplished since buying that 58 gallon tank last January. It has been a fun journey so far with many ups and downs. Hopefully you guys can give me some pointers while your here as we are always looking to learn something new. We are going to smoke something for sure and will definitely find a way to cook a few pizzas. Using the pizza oven is an event all to itself. The oven takes about 1.5 hours to fire it to 700 degrees with a steady addition of small wood so we will just show it off as a novelty and make some appetizer pizzas. Anyone who wants to bring an appetizer will be greatly appreciated. I'll have Modelo and Stella beer so if you like something else.... It's BYOB. Also the most important thing to remember is to tell Micki you can't believe how much progress I have made on the kitchen and fish room cabinets! Even if all the doors are still missing and waiting to be finished! I already told her it would be done, even I know that's not true. I am glad to be able to participate and share my system. Just don't forget I am a newbie at this and still tell myself the hair algae will go away in time.

I'm going to try and make it. I don't get off work till 5, the wife even later and I have to take her home first. Then drive about a hour or longer to the event... unless you don't mind if I bring her along but she only loves tanks about half as much as me. LOL

She is certainly welcome, we can have her toss wood into the fire if she does't like the fish tank.

We will be there. Vawdka it won't take that long to get there from town. 45 min. to SW Island then 15 min. back west or 30 min. if you just go strait to mkart's

So I am curious, when someone attends the pizza night at saltwater is. Will they have any livestock specials for members or any good deals for going up there? Not trying to sound cheap, but if I should grab extra cash, just like to be ready. Always up for some good deals. I plan on going regardless, the wife has given me permission.

So I am curious, when someone attends the pizza night at saltwater is. Will they have any livestock specials for members or any good deals for going up there? Not trying to sound cheap, but if I should grab extra cash, just like to be ready. Always up for some good deals. I plan on going regardless, the wife has given me permission.

Often, the LFS will offer a discount on livestock and/or drygoods the night we visit. We are having such large crowds here lately that the stores are seeing an increase in sales by our support. I'm sure one of the board members will let us know if there are any enticements before the actual event.

Often, the LFS will offer a discount on livestock and/or drygoods the night we visit. We are having such large crowds here lately that the stores are seeing an increase in sales by our support. I'm sure one of the board members will let us know if there are any enticements before the actual event.

I sent an email to Mark yesterday to let him know we're coming. If he decides to plan anything special for us, you'll know when I know. :D

Man are you kidding great eats and good beer to boot. How could I pass that up. Sign me up.
I'll sweet talk Sheila. Into making one of her dishes.

Here are a few pics from a few weeks ago. I am going to hope to have much less hair algae when we have this. Starting weekly GFO replacement until the PN! Maybe that will knock it out.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 2
Tank looks very nice Matt:thumbsup: Love the color of that monti cap. If you have any of it fraged, would love to get a piece from you PN. ;)

You got it dave. I break pieces off that monti every month to keep it from touching the other corals. It's a really fast grower.

Tank looks great and I just checked my schedule today and happen to be off! Looking forward to seeing the setup and visiting your house with the club. I will bring some burrito bites to snack on.

Sweet! It always feels good to help the local economy... I am hyped about the pizza night, that frag swap has given me some high expectations. Also wanted to ask how I would find one of the vendors from the swap? This guy had some orange yumas that I missed, I had spent my limit by the time I made it all around the vendors. Or if anybody has a few they are looking to part with send me a pm.

Back