Placement of Coral

Spyderturbo007

I picked up my second piece of coral yesterday and I'm trying to plan ahead with my placement. My aquascaping is composed of about 5 large rocks that really can't be removed from the tank without disturbing the sand bed and messing everything up.

I know that at some point my corals will need fragged once they grow and I start running out of space. If I were to superglue them to the rock work, how do you go about removing them to frag once the time comes?

I just don't want to super glue them now and then have to rip the entire tank apart to remove them later. But I do have places where I want to put them that will require super glue / epoxy to get them to stay and not be knocked over.

Oh, and on a side note, did I make a huge mistake buying a piece of Galaxy Coral? It's about the size of a baseball, and was an impulse buy. Apparently they are highly aggressive, more so than my hammer, and will kill anything they sting. At some point I want to add SPS corals, but not for awhile.

depending on what kind of corals you are thinking gluing down. for SPS, you can glue them down and when it is time to frag, just cut it with a bone cutter in the tank and you don't have to take them out. for LPS, i think some people just leave them on the sandbed so it is easy to move them. i can't comment on the galaxy coral since I never had them, but I assume if you have enough space, just place them a couple of inches between them and other corals.

Back