Plumbing in ro unit

fishkeeprian

Hello,

I have just purchased the following RO unit;

https://www.vyair.com/pumped-4-stage-reverse-osmosis-50-gallons-per-day-water-filter-system-including-di-resin-stage.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwhqXbBRAREiwAucoo-1nfFetQO3EOt6kZCgs6bUyYDy9SP7nIDBkmqNIUzXy8tY8YNeTCRxoCohgQAvD_BwE

And would like some advice on plumbing it from the mains supply.

I would like to run push fit pipework and fittings for ease of installation.

I will run the plumbing direct from main supply behind the washing machine and the dishwasher up the wall along the same line as the plumbing for the kitchen radiator pipework and drill through the wall into the next room which will be my mixing station. (see diagram)

RO PLUMBING.jpg

I am worried about water pressure because of the circuit the water needs to take to reach my RO unit. This does have a built on booster pump, can you see any issues?

Thanks

Hello,

I have just purchased the following RO unit;

https://www.vyair.com/pumped-4-stage-reverse-osmosis-50-gallons-per-day-water-filter-system-including-di-resin-stage.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwhqXbBRAREiwAucoo-1nfFetQO3EOt6kZCgs6bUyYDy9SP7nIDBkmqNIUzXy8tY8YNeTCRxoCohgQAvD_BwE

And would like some advice on plumbing it from the mains supply.

I would like to run push fit pipework and fittings for ease of installation.

I will run the plumbing direct from main supply behind the washing machine and the dishwasher up the wall along the same line as the plumbing for the kitchen radiator pipework and drill through the wall into the next room which will be my mixing station. (see diagram)

View attachment 394539

I am worried about water pressure because of the circuit the water needs to take to reach my RO unit. This does have a built on booster pump, can you see any issues?

Thanks

Mine RO unit is close to my water line but I have the out put water line running 20 foot to the sink and 60 something foot to my mixing station. Also have it "T" off running into a pressure tank so I have drinking water up stairs another 35 foot away. I don't have a booster pump on it and house water pressure is 63psi

No issue. Think about where your water supply enters your house, and the path it has to take to get to the furthest bathroom. Lots of bends, and distance there. Unless you already notice crappy flow in your furthest bathroom, you're good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pressure drop depends on plumbing size and also flow rate. An rodi unit is so slow in terms of flow that plumbing size basically doesn't matter. It'll get plenty of pressure even though a "long" supply line.

Pressure drop depends on plumbing size and also flow rate. An rodi unit is so slow in terms of flow that plumbing size basically doesn't matter. It'll get plenty of pressure even though a "long" supply line.
Yes for the most part that is true..

You can see a pressure loss if using just 1/4" supply tubing so if you are doing longer runs its always a good idea to use larger supply tubing..
I see 15mm called out there so I didn't comment on needing larger tubing as thats perfect for a long run.. (6mm is 1/4" tubing I believe..)

Back