plumbing

vest0830

Premium Member
Question reguarding plumbing.

When doing the lines from the overflow down to the sump, should I run hard lines (PVC) or keep it a soft tubing?

Also, should I put valves in the overflow -> sump line? (for emergencys/water changes/whatever)

I had everything all planned out, but you know how things change. I've had 1,000 different ideas go through my head lately. How about a 'spicket' for water changes?

Any more ideas I should consider before doing this up this week?

The drain to the sump can be either hard or hose as far as you do not restrict it. some hose connectors will restrict the inside diameter but the hose can save you some elbows.

No valve is required on the drain line to the sump because when you shut off the return pump the water from the tank will stop draining.

I agree, but go as big as you can. a snail or somthing clogging the pipe can cause some major headaches. If you use soft hose, make sure it is secure to the stand to keep it from getting knocked out of the sump when you are playing around with the equipment.

We need to do the baffles. Then the plumbing.

I'm tryin to get ready for the plumbing though. Right now I have from the sump to the inside of the tank (return) parts ready, I just wanna have it all ready to go when the time comes....I wanna have a super nice set-up when its time to do it. I have regular hose line from the overflow to the sump already. Thats working great, I just didnt know if I should run hard-pipe...

and my weld-on isnt here yet...kinda getting worried about customs.

I'd stick with soft hose, i read a couple places to use soft.. I think it was mostly to keep sound at a minimum though.. but it still made sence. and you want to go as big as you can too..

ahh...ok, then I guess I will stick with what I have. -since thats what the last people used, and it worked great for them. Why should I change it? I hope to have this thing plumbed by the weekend.

Back