PMAS Librarian

Ghumbee

Do you frequent RC?

I am looking for some reading materials :) Any possibility of bringing a cpl books to Saturdays Meeting?

Chuck

Sorry Chuck, but I just saw this. Regardless though, I have been hauling all the books we have to the meetings.

Chuck, Steve and all,

I did find the rest of the Library, but I have not been able to get a reply from the guy who has it to arrange to pick it up.

I will do so ASAP. When I do, I will put the catalog on line and have Bill put it in the next newsletter.

Adam

Do kids today even know what the Dewey Decimal system is? I imagine they just ask the librarian to find the book for them... I mean they can't make change without a modern cash register....

I'm not sure they know what it's called, but most do know how to use the system if they've spent any time at all in a university's stacks. That is, of course, assuming they've ever bothered to step inside the building :) You'd be amazed at how many college-aged "kids" think pilfering unaccredited Internet sources constitutes "legitimate" library research... Ah, the whimsy of youth. Vive le livre!

Funny, but I would imagine there is soon to be a whole generation of "professors" who rely on the internet as well, meaning that if the students were smart enough, they could steal of of the library texts and likely not get caught, as the profs are internet dependent as well....

deep thoughts by Jack Handy....

Back to the subject at hand.

How many books do we have in our library?

Marine Fishes by Scott Michael

Natural Reef Aquariums by John Tullock

Invertebrates by Julian Sprung

and a three volume set of the Baensch Marine Atlases.

Speaking of Books....has anyone seen the new book witten by Julian Sprung? I think its title is "Reef Aquariums Volume 3".....and was thinking of buying it. Just wondered if anyone else has had a chance to read it or at least look it over?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6939463#post6939463 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BeanAnimal
DOh..

And here I have visions of the "bookmobile" showing up a the next meeting ;)
We used to have a much larger library, but it went missing a few years back. From the sounds of it, it would seem Adam has tracked it down though.

All,

I have tracked it down, but I still don't have posession. Hopefully Saturday! The library is a couple of boxes full of books, some of which are good some that aren't.

Linda

I have "The Reef Aquarium, Vol 3" by Delbeek and Sprung. I mostly wanted it to complete the set, but there is some good "nuts and bolts" info in it. I don't see it being as popular as 1 and 2. I will bring my copy on Saturday and you can look it over.

Adam

Thanks Adam. I have the other 2 books in the series also, but being as the price is what it is.....well I wanted to hear opinions from some who already have it.

Can I borrow Marine Fishes by Scott Michael this Saturday?

Should I plan to record this meeting also?

--Ray

I will be sure to bring the library books I have, Ray. As to recording it, having participated in a few roundtable discussions at other clubs, I imagine this one will be just as informative, but not terribly organized. I don't know if it will make for a good tape.

Is it possible to organize the topics of the discussion here? Maybe we can get it down to a few topics that most everyone would be interested in? For me it would be skimmers and unwanted algae blooms.....or is my lighting adequate or overkill?

Back