Pooky's 300

What type of lighting was this under? Looks awesome, I wish I could get these types of colors out of my favias. Whats the secret? Super low light?

Thanks! Those pix were taken under a 250 Radium. There is no single thing that can be attributed to any type of coral. This one was getting moderate to moderate high lighting. Others seem to do well under lower lighting. It's all an experiment to find the optimum location.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. Mark, how did you know today's is the day? I don't think I put it in my profile :)

Well, today is both a happy and a sad day. I woke up to our 5 year old son coming in to our room telling me "Happy birthday, Baba!" all by himself, without any prompting. One of the most wonderful thing that a parent can ask for. But at lunch time, I got a call that my grandmother has passed away. She just celebrated her 100th earlier this year. Now my grandparents can be together again. Today is one of those days that I'll never forget.

Oh I'm sorry for your loss, what a terrible day to get the news. I'm sure she lived a full and happy life, 100 years old WOW. And Happy Birthday.

Your corals are beautiful. I am working on getting color back in my tank, it's coming back slowly but surely, maybe it's the vodka? I don't know anymore...

Sorry for your loss. Time goes too fast...That s really cool though your little one telling you happy b- day, they make it all worth while.

I am Glad your file fish worked out. My tank is doing good. I started building a nitrate reactor before I left. I have been doing a lot of traveling this year but getting it done little by little. In the next couple month or so I want to get something for my aptashia too. I did get a few little SPS frags so far so good.

Happy B Day. The little ones get big so fast. Starting to make me feal old.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. Mark, how did you know today's is the day? I don't think I put it in my profile :)

Well, today is both a happy and a sad day. I woke up to our 5 year old son coming in to our room telling me "Happy birthday, Baba!" all by himself, without any prompting. One of the most wonderful thing that a parent can ask for. But at lunch time, I got a call that my grandmother has passed away. She just celebrated her 100th earlier this year. Now my grandparents can be together again. Today is one of those days that I'll never forget.

Man Kenny, I'm sorry for your ups and downs today :( Its my little secret on how I remembered (facebook)

Kenny, Happy belated birthday. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother, my deepest condolences.

Happy bday Kenny-son! Hope you have a great day today.

I have a RL growing out nicely into a mini colony in case you don't get one from RR of MA.

Thanks Leo. I am sure Richard will eventually succumb to my nagging :p

happy birthday, Kenny! Sorry to hear about your GM though. :(

Thanks M! Haven't seen you around for a while. Glad to see you pop in once in a while. Hope life is good at the end of the rainbow.

Kenny, Happy belated birthday. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother, my deepest condolences.

Thanks Dan. Appreciate the thought.

Happy Birthday Kenny!

Im sorry to hear about your loss. Sad news to hear.

Thanks Reefer!

Oh I'm sorry for your loss, what a terrible day to get the news. I'm sure she lived a full and happy life, 100 years old WOW. And Happy Birthday.

Your corals are beautiful. I am working on getting color back in my tank, it's coming back slowly but surely, maybe it's the vodka? I don't know anymore...

Thanks Chato. Who of us truly know much about our tanks :D Glad to hear things are turning around for you.

Kenny Belated Happy B-day and deepest sympathy to you and your family...

Thanks St3Vi3! At my age, later is better :)

Sorry for your loss. Time goes too fast...That s really cool though your little one telling you happy b- day, they make it all worth while.

I am Glad your file fish worked out. My tank is doing good. I started building a nitrate reactor before I left. I have been doing a lot of traveling this year but getting it done little by little. In the next couple month or so I want to get something for my aptashia too. I did get a few little SPS frags so far so good.

Happy B Day. The little ones get big so fast. Starting to make me feal old.

Time sure goes by fast when you are having fun and every day is a blast. Oh yeah, the difference between you and me is that you FEEL old, but I AM old :crazy1:

The file fish are worth a try since they seem to be pretty easy to catch. If you are worried, you can always throw a bunch of angels in there :D

Man Kenny, I'm sorry for your ups and downs today :( Its my little secret on how I remembered (facebook)

Thanks Mark. It was a surreal day for sure. As for FB, I had totally forgotten about that. Too many places to check and not enough fingers to type with. Did you see my comment? :lol2:

Thanks Mark. It was a surreal day for sure. As for FB, I had totally forgotten about that. Too many places to check and not enough fingers to type with. Did you see my comment? :lol2:

Of course I did. I now wake up an hour or so earlier than Emma so I can check up on my friends :p

Thanks M! Haven't seen you around for a while. Glad to see you pop in once in a while. Hope life is good at the end of the rainbow.

Recent house move and other work related stuff has been keeping me from really important stuff (like surfing RC). :) Glad to see that things seem to continue to turn around in your tank! Just upgraded my 50G to a 90G nano (well, in relationship to your tank) so have been having fun with plumbing.

Sorry I missed your B-Day ... you are not a friend of mine on FB yet so I wouldn't know ;)

Also, sorry about the passing of your grandmother.

Recent house move and other work related stuff has been keeping me from really important stuff (like surfing RC). :) Glad to see that things seem to continue to turn around in your tank! Just upgraded my 50G to a 90G nano (well, in relationship to your tank) so have been having fun with plumbing.

Congrats on the tank upgrade. It's always an exciting time looking forward to something new and improve upon the past. At least that's the hope anyways. Is this move permenant? If it is, I say ditch the 90 and go to at least a 225. You can get some great dimensions in that size tank :)

Sorry I missed your B-Day ... you are not a friend of mine on FB yet so I wouldn't know ;)

Also, sorry about the passing of your grandmother.

Thanks Sara! If you really want to be a friend on FB, wait until next May since I don't really check there that much. When I logged on a few days ago, there were friend requests that were months old :fun5:

Back