Profilux Doser Suggested tubing?

mitchjstein

HI,

I am in the process of hooking up my Profilux Standalone 4 Channel dosing system and also an additional 3 pump expansion unit. I will be attempting the Balling method of dosing (Not Lite).

My question is thus; What is the recommended tubing to use. I know that standard airline (only available clear and black) is a plug on fit, but I was looking to color code the seven channels for clarity. Is there a tubing available that will allow this.

How are other users doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Mitch

mitch, i went to HD. They carry tubing that will fit the doser. I use the balling lite and the cannisters i use i got from cheery corals. The acrylic containers have 1/4" tubing and i use John Guest fittings to the Profilux doser. Some say that airline tubing also works but i can't say. As far as color coding it might be easier and cheaper to get the 3-M wire markers that HD has in the electrical aisle. Electricians use it to number wire . its a reel with 0-9 on different spools. just tear a length of the number you need and rap it around the tubing. anything over 9 just use 1 and 0 for 10 and so on. Good luck, neil

So what you are saying is to use 1/4 poly tubing similar to what is used on a RO/DI setup?

How do you connect that tubing to the nipples on the Profilux Pumps?

And one more thing, do you find you need check valves?

Mitch

By the way thanks for responding!!

RO tubing will work fine

You only need check valves if dosing up hill with significant head really.

Hope that helps

Back