Pulsing Xenia Out of Control

joegoersch

I bought some pulsing xenia about a year ago (maybe longer; time flies) and now I have way too much...most or all of it seems to be attached to rock..

Anything I can do besides putting out an add..."Xenia for Sale..."

Attachments

• xenia.jpg
    xenia.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 0
  • xenia2.jpg
    xenia2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 0
Once its attach to rocks its tough to get it out, i myself isolate mine on a rock that i want it to grow on only, if i see a walker i make sure to peel it back or remove it n put it on a frag to give away or sale. You can take it to your lfs maybe for credit.

Sell the rocks back to your lfs for rocks that don't have it.

There IS a way to get it off, but with multiple rocks involved, best just start trading the afflicted rocks.

Sell the rocks back to your lfs for rocks that don't have it.

There IS a way to get it off, but with multiple rocks involved, best just start trading the afflicted rocks.
Thanks. Great idea.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

if you place some dry rock ruble next to them they will grow on to the ruble and you can take it to your local fish store and trade it in for credit

Would a local fish store really want this? Anyone ever try this in New York City? Isn't it risky for them? They don't know what I have in my tank...

Yes. I'm beginning to feel that way. Anything eat it?

You could try cutting the Xenia as close to the base as you can with some scissors and then smother any remaining tissue with some epoxy. Don't plan on removing it all in one day though. Just do small sections at a time right before each water change.

I was in the same boat at one point. I ended up trading all the rock in when I took the rank down. It seems that if xenia likes the conditions in your tank there's little that you can do to stop it.
6fb2a369b29cd568829ae57c05e36d2e.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I was in the same boat at one point. I ended up trading all the rock in when I took the rank down. It seems that if xenia likes the conditions in your tank there's little that you can do to stop it.
6fb2a369b29cd568829ae57c05e36d2e.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
The fish store wanted this?

Doh! I just bought a single stalk of that at LFS for $19. Last one didn't do well in my tank. Trying it again.

Someone just got seriously ripped off. I've never seen xenia for more then 5$ for a small 1 or 2 stalk frag. Most LFS won't/don't carry it, or sell it for very cheap.

Back