Pump 1073.110 impeller connection???

• Thread starter Deleted member 143833
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 143833

5 months ago I purchased this pump and until today it has worked flawlessly. Today it stopped pumping water and upon disassembly (figuring it needed cleaning) I noticed that it wasn't really dirty not stuck with any calcium build-up but what I did notice is that the drive magnet and spindle wasn't really connected to the impeller. The impeller free-spins around the drive shaft. It looks like the end of the drive shaft should have some fins or maybe that it was glues to the shaft (?).

Can someone confirm how the shaft and impeller are connected to each other?

Thanks,
Ken

Ken,

PM me your shipping info and we will send a replacement, these two pieces press together and must have stripped, you could try epoxy as a temporary fix. It could be a defect, it could be a piece of debris stopped the turbine and tore it free.

Done.

I don't see any hints glues parts and the shaft is smooth (no signs of tears or chips). When they are assembled at the factory if the impeller glues to the ceramic shaft (do you know)?

No glue is used, the ceramic shaft is capped with a hexagonal titanium cap and this is pressed into a titanium bushing molded into the plastic turbine blade. Everything is a pressed fit. I will send the replacement today. These impellers are very expensive, half the cost of the pump since they are made from very expensive materials, neodymium, titanium and machined ceramic. It is equally possible this one was defective but they can be destroyed by something entering the pump and suddenly stopping the turbine so it shears off, so be sure this cannot happen.

No glue is used, the ceramic shaft is capped with a hexagonal titanium cap and this is pressed into a titanium bushing molded into the plastic turbine blade. Everything is a pressed fit. I will send the replacement today. These impellers are very expensive, half the cost of the pump since they are made from very expensive materials, neodymium, titanium and machined ceramic. It is equally possible this one was defective but they can be destroyed by something entering the pump and suddenly stopping the turbine so it shears off, so be sure this cannot happen.

Thanks, the Epoxy didn't hold in either case but the cap is in place, it just doesn't grab the shaft. Maybe you are correct and it was just a defect.

Ken

Back