Pump selection

johnike

After fighting four, old mismatched pumps attached to my old Digital Oceans wavemaker/light controller, I've decided to bite the bullet and get four new pumps. Who uses what, and why. John

100_3195.jpg
[/IMG]

Depends how big. Sequence, for larger medium head. Reeflo, for larger low head. Iwaki, for middle high head.Panworld and gen-x work for an iwaki for less $$. I like the Baldor motors on the sequence, reeflo stuff, they seem to last better and are rebuildable.How much flow do you need?

I've got two Mag 12's in the sump return, one for each Megaflow return. Looking for in-tank, wavemaker pumps. Thinking of going with modded MJ1200's. Think four would be overkill?

Depends what you want to keep. SPS , don't think you can truly have too much flow. Mixed should be fine. The MJ mod kits are the best bang for the buck to move a lot of water ,without alot of $$$. I have some koralia's and sieos I will prob. be getting rid of , with a seio wave controller.LMK if you would be interested.

You should check out the new magnum series of Korallia pumps. The flow rates are up there with tunzes and the use less wattage than the old korallias

Back