Purple tang is sick, help me identify treatment please

kouma

Here is a picture. Currently he is in a permanent QT tank that is fully cycled with LR undergoing hyposalinity along with other fish. All tangs.

Parameters: Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0.

Please advise.

807431ab-0caf-4df0-beb1-cee792c5a844_zps7coaklon.jpg
[/URL]

I thought it was ick, hence the hyposalinity. But now I am thinking it is Lymphocystis? Can someone confirm and also what am I supposed to do?

Another point, it started showing these white dots around 2 weeks ago and they have been getting more and more.

The fish is breathing heavy. Salinity is @ 1.009

Can you take another picture or two? The spots appear to be large and raised which leads me to think maybe not ich. What are you test salinity with? Hypo is extremely difficult to administer effectively for 30 days straight

I am use both a digital and glass refractrometer. Both read 1.008. I will take more picture tomorrow, assuming he makes it :(

Seems too big for ich to me. Lymphocystis usually shows up on fin edges first as well. Have you treated with prazi?

I havent treated with Prazi. But I think I will start now as Prazi can be combined with hyposalinity.

Just finished treating with PraziPro and I removed the carbon and skimmer. Hopefully i will see improvements in the next 5-7 days.

Can you take another picture or two? The spots appear to be large and raised which leads me to think maybe not ich. What are you test salinity with? Hypo is extremely difficult to administer effectively for 30 days straight

So are you saying that ich is not actually raised? I had read they can be up to 2 mm. I have a fish with something that looks like what this fish has. But only one spot. And only its second one. Tagging along. Considering to hypo also.

Shelley

I think I must have been half asleep when I wrote that. 1 mm is what I meant to write, not 2.

Kouma how is your fish today?

Shelley

I finished one PraziPro treatment and started another. The poor guy is barely alive and I feel he is suffering more everyday. Please help me and tell me whether i should release him of this pain or there is hope to cure him.

Here is the best pictures I can take:

IMG_0225_zpsdc3tqyti.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_0224_zpsriivud5u.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_0223_zpsrycpihm7.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_0222_zps8bmacmbl.jpg
[/URL]

They fish have been in hyposalinity for almost a month so I am not sure how effective would a fresh water dip be.

Back