QT Question

salchydog

Steve,

I read your article on the QT and I have a few questions. I "took over" a 60 gallon tank from a friend that is leaving town for a year. The tank came with a Damsel, and a coral shrimp, its a reef setup with a large amount of LR.

His glass tank was coated with coraline so I opted to change the tank alltogether to a new 60 acrylic. I also implemented a 30 gallon sump with an in sump Euroreef skimmer. When we moved the tank we saved 80% of the water. I added all new live sand and some new LR. Its been about two weeks and everything is running smoothly. I have added some snails, hermits, emerald crabs and a maroon clown. I am trying to catch the damsel but have been unsucessful as i want to give it back to to the fish store (for my $1.00 credit).

I am now going to set up a QT but you mentioned that you can store the tank ad this is what I would like to do. Since I have the sump I can keep a sponge filter in there no problem. My question is when I need to add a fish or medicate a sick fish do I just drain some water from the display tank to fill the QT, pop the filter from the sump in the QT, and that will work fine?

I can then just do a water change on the display tank to refill what I took out. Is this correct?

Thanks for the help.
Brad

Re: QT Question

salchydog said:
My question is when I need to add a fish or medicate a sick fish do I just drain some water from the display tank to fill the QT, pop the filter from the sump in the QT, and that will work fine? I can then just do a water change on the display tank to refill what I took out. Is this correct?
Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Back