R.I.P. my babies

Do you stop the flow of water from the creek to your pond via a dam on the naturally feed aquaduct?? I ask because of possibe flooding issues. Any issues with the surrounding area becomming marsh or swamp like without a liner? More info.. Thanks. Future Project.

No liner but there is a natural clay layer at about 20 feet. also the stream runs downhill and we raised the sides of the pond to make it a bit of a plateau he's a shot from the house which is on a hill. The first yea there was a bit of overflow but has settled down since and the reeds surround the bank really helped make things more solid, even during the spring run of when the brook gets really going there is no problem. Only problem is alot of sun fish and some shad and once in a while i pull out a rock bass as well, but i tend to fish alot of them out during the summer. ohh yea and that is my peacock in the front of the photo , they make great watch dogs.

IMG_0262.jpg
[/IMG]

beautiful piece of land and pond you have Konrad and I heard that about peacocks..they make a racket when the see or hear anything...

Sorry about your loss, they looked like very healthy fish. I can give you some nice 2 and 3 year old koi in april when i thin out my ponds. Btw any chance that they were electrocuted? What type of heaters were you using? Pete.

Sorry about your loss, they looked like very healthy fish. I can give you some nice 2 and 3 year old koi in april when i thin out my ponds. Btw any chance that they were electrocuted? What type of heaters were you using? Pete.

Really nice of you to offer to other members Pete... may it come back 10 fold!:p

sorry about your loss, they looked like very healthy fish. I can give you some nice 2 and 3 year old koi in april when i thin out my ponds. Btw any chance that they were electrocuted? What type of heaters were you using? Pete.

maybe but i would lost all of them and breaker would of tripped ?
Thanks i will take you up on that in april
used the basic heaters the sell

Back