Raised floor section in living room for tv, good tank location but how to proceed?

Slammed01

Hi! Bought house in 2011, track home from 96'. Really thinking about putting a tank in the niche that the builder prob figured a good tv area.

Not sure what's under or how raised I'd braced. Almost would want to section out area to slab and see If i can get floor pieces of wood to match.

Thoughts?

9c2104ffe3b6ca5f255e89bb9ae04920.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks too low to be usable IMO..
You'd be breaking your back viewing it down there all the time..
And even access from above would suck..

Unless you plan on ripping out whats above the top shelf..

As far as being strong enough.. All depends on whats under that bottom piece of plywood...
Could be strong or just floating there..

Full shot helps.... its open above what you showed before... (couldn't tell that in the first shot)
easy.. it can still go there..
just a little manly demo work and you can fit a display in the top and a sump down below with some doors to close that off,etc...

Of course that back wall looks tempting/bare too..

Full shot helps.... its open above what you showed before... (couldn't tell that in the first shot)
easy.. it can still go there..
just a little manly demo work and you can fit a display in the top and a sump down below with some doors to close that off,etc...

Of course that back wall looks tempting/bare too..

When you say top, do you mean where cable box is or?

Just for idea this is seated on couch shot.
df8e04baab4c21fd406559aeebf57e1a.jpg

Or entry way however I think out of sight out of mind and not a lot of viewing time in that room. IMG_0181.jpg

When you say top, do you mean where cable box is or?

yep...Top to bottom
Doors open for full access to top of tank/lighting,etc...
Then display tank.. trimmed in to look like an inwall
then sump hidden behind cabinet doors,etc..

I'd use that whole shelving area.. Rip them all out and do a complete built in there..

Cleaning would be a nightmare and if you have kids or pets, the water is much more accessible to containments

Where the shoe rack is might be a good spot for a 40B and or 65 high. Might be entry way but it is what it is. Lol

Where the shoe rack is might be a good spot for a 40B and or 65 high. Might be entry way but it is what it is. Lol

I could do cichlids where shoe rack is then move to living room once we ditch the sectional in a few years and kids are older lol.

Back