Real Rock

Real rock aka fake rock? I have some if so, works decent. Is cheap if you buy it from the right places.

That looks pretty expensive to me. I can get good cured live rock for $7-12 a lb. Is there some place that sells this cheaper.

I got mine for like $5-6 bucks a pound cured when I bought 25 lbs. Dunno why some distributor's charge so much because I think the wholesale price on it is REALLY cheap.

Dats the stuff. The coloring is really un natural and it seemed to have turned blue under the brightness of my LED fixture. But it seems to work decently, not really porous at all though.

I was considering ordering this rock, did the supplier state as to why the rock changed color?

I was considering ordering this rock, did the supplier state as to why the rock changed color?

I actually havent ever asked him. I thought it could have just been bleached from the LED light sort of like how paint fades in sunlight sometimes. Idk. :dance:

I actually havent ever asked him. I thought it could have just been bleached from the LED light sort of like how paint fades in sunlight sometimes. Idk. :dance:

Thanks, I was really hoping for some positive reviews as I can't find any good live rock at the local stores. I miss the good old fiji rock from 10+ years ago.

I have been making my own from ceramic. So far it has worked out great. I have live rock in my tank to get it seeded and then it colors up and is full of "animals" and is indistinguishable for actual live rock except that I can control the form. I have made single piece horse shoe shapes for nano tanks and got them curing in my sump before they were set up. Works out great and doesn't need any other supports. I also made it so there are legs under the rock so I can turkey baste them to clean out underneath.

I got mine for like $5-6 bucks a pound cured when I bought 25 lbs. Dunno why some distributor's charge so much because I think the wholesale price on it is REALLY cheap.

Add in shipping to that wholesale costs, business overhead like rent and salaries, and of course the need to make some small profit.

Back