Rebuild and recovery of a dead tank

:eek1:

Wow thats some uck-e stuff!!

The Life series is AMAZING!!! I haven't had a chance to watch the fish episode yet, but its on my DVR waiting for me. :)

I really liked Life better then Planet Earth. Sigorney(sp?) Weaver was kind of annoying as the narrator too. I actually haven't minded Opera so far. Wish they got the Dirty Jobs guy to do it though. I really like him as a narrator.

wow, thats some nasty looking stuff in the collection cup.

The wife wasn't happy I went 4 days. By 3 days you can start noticing the smell. By 4... the wife got home and opened all the windows. It's a small house so it doesn't take much to stink up the entire place. Good thing is getting warmer outside.

I agree, Life is better. More engaging!
I don't think any of these shows do enough coverage on the Reefs!! Every show usually gives a min or two, then goes into sharks, whales, or octopus!! Ggggrrrrrhhhh!!!

I agree, Life is better. More engaging!
I don't think any of these shows do enough coverage on the Reefs!! Every show usually gives a min or two, then goes into sharks, whales, or octopus!! Ggggrrrrrhhhh!!!

:lol: It would be nice to get a little more time. I was really surprised that the sarcastic fringehead actually bullied the octopus out of the shell. Those guys were way cool

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/life/fish/

You can see some scenes on their website.

I had something I was going to post but I can't remember what it was. Brain is out to lunch I guess. I was hoping that if I started posting and writing something I might remember what it was. Oh well, guess you have to read my mindless dribble. Maybe I'll remember after I hit submit reply.

Nope, but I did think of something else. My Duncan has another new head from a different stalk starting to grow. So, that's three new heads now since I got it. Torch still doesn't look happy but I don't want to move it to much so I'll leave it where it is for a little bit longer.

I had something I was going to post but I can't remember what it was. Brain is out to lunch I guess. I was hoping that if I started posting and writing something I might remember what it was. Oh well, guess you have to read my mindless dribble. Maybe I'll remember after I hit submit reply.

:lolspin:

Early Dementia is a b*#$%!!! (j/k)

Still trying to get this camera down. Got some of the best shots of the corals so far I think . Still trying to get their full color to come out in the pictures but not quite there yet. The greens just get washed out.

With Flash:
Bad picture but you can see at least two of the new heads coming in.
14muyjo.jpg

s42yqt.jpg

2u91enm.jpg

2crq5iw.jpg

With out Flash:
s5iycl.jpg

2qimt13.jpg

334n4wk.jpg

Looking really good!!!!!!

I love the little tentacles coming outta the blastoma!!! (atleast I think its blastoma)
And the torch looks beautius! like the greens in it.
woohoo and congrats with the duncan!!
:celeb1:

Thanks! Yep, it's a blastomusa. My favorite in there. The torch looked the fullest tonight since I first got it. So, I'll just leave it where it's at for now.

Watching Life, Reptiles and Amphibians tonight. There's some weird creatures out there.

I do the same, however, I caught a glimpse..its going to be about reef inverts and deep (real deep) sea creatures!!

Looking good Jason :) I'll be glad when I get the hang of the pictures also. I am about to have to wage war with bryopsis I believe :(.

I do the same, however, I caught a glimpse..its going to be about reef inverts and deep (real deep) sea creatures!!

That sounds awesome. Can't wait to see that one.

Looking good Jason :) I'll be glad when I get the hang of the pictures also. I am about to have to wage war with bryopsis I believe :(.

Thanks, good luck with the bryopsis. I had a wide spread case of it after about a month or so of setting up this tank. I basically did once a week water changes and some manual removal. It ended up going away itself. I've seen some people have had success with algaefx and also with increasing the magnesium levels with tech-m. I've seen some people use both.

Looks like I might be trying out another skimmer. LFG is getting on and asked for me to try it out. So, no cost to me to try out another HOB is a okay with me. It'll be the bubble magus NAC5e I hope or it could be the BMQQ. He just said a bubble magus HOB. The BMQQ would be way under powered for my tank I believe. The NAC5e has a decent 450lph of air draw matching up with the deltec mce600 and the atb multiuse cone. Which the ATB is a much better design of course.

Hopefully this one:
968.jpg

Back