Rebuild and recovery of a dead tank

Oh man I have to get another my anemone garden is huge now.
Haven't done a FTS in a while. Took one last night. Things seem to be doing well.

cdd613f26b6fef7ad796f79081c69b87.jpg

Just took these earlier tonight. Still haven't touched anything. I just may let it go a year of doing nothing but adding water. Maybe work will have calmed down by then.

598e1b384623479158f73a41901bf349.jpg
87ea78f6e9671eb56c85e6004fa62b2e.jpg
b6dd1428c2ecebe0a078896682ee885e.jpg
85a9eb105b4f9fc897f3196a8a19fa2b.jpg

is my count correct? are there 3 gyres in that 180?

I have one gyre that I'll be using in a 125, should I consider adding another? the one I have can go up 5000gph I figured that was plenty for a 125 but now that I'm seeing that you have 3 on your tank, I'm starting to question that theory

is my count correct? are there 3 gyres in that 180?

I have one gyre that I'll be using in a 125, should I consider adding another? the one I have can go up 5000gph I figured that was plenty for a 125 but now that I'm seeing that you have 3 on your tank, I'm starting to question that theory
Yep. 3 gyres.

Top right side is full 100% 24/7 going across right to left.
Top back left pulses 24/7 30% to 60% I think. It runs 24/7
Back left vertical alternates forward to backward 4 times a day based on the tidal cycles influenced by the moon.
Jason, any updates?

Corey
Still crazy life busy.

Nothing much. I still need to clean my ATS at some point. I think it's now been a year since I've done so. I did change out my filters on my ro/di. I love the Gapper from buckeye hydro. Has been one of my favorite purchases to date along with my MTC skimmer.

FTS from tonight
86a8b2077fcd627fbfb397956642f83f.jpg

Jason long time no chat, how is the skimmer working for you? Looks very effective.
Thanks. The MTC MVX is amazing and absolute work horse. I have 0 desire to ever try out another skimmer. With the extension tube to bring it up to around 42" allows it to handle the bigger 784 mazzei injector and bigger pump. Still running it with the Jebao 18000.

With the neck cleaner and drain to the Davey Jones skimmate locker I haven't touched it in over a year. The locker has a pump in it that I switch on each week to drain it to a floor drain in the next room.

Is this tank still going?
Yep still going. 11 years now I think. Nothing has changed really. Still fully automated with an apex, mtc mvx skimmer, turbo aquatics ATS, and a RUGF in the sump thanks to PaulB.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Yep still going. 11 years now I think. Nothing has changed really. Still fully automated with an apex, mtc mvx skimmer, turbo aquatics ATS, and a RUGF in the sump thanks to PaulB.

Oh and those jaebo pumps for the return and skimmer are still running with out skipping a beat so far.

Took this picture yesterday of those two star fish I got from kp aquatics several years ago.

4efcc72e3a32db4d2a0f694b06210a34.jpg

Still going but I have just changed a few things up a bit. About 14 years now running and thriving. I'm doing a lot of home renovations and one of the things is relocating where my tank was at. I've moved it to another room in the house and downsized to a 120g 4'x2'x2'. I actually bought it new which is my first new tank from Planet Aquarium with stand and canopy.

Sump moved locations but still in the basement and nothing's changed there. Still running that DCT 15000 return pump, MTC MVX 4' skimmer with DCP18000, Turbo's ATS, and a Reversed UGF with a bunch of stuff on top of it.

I also decided to go a different direction with the Anemones. Basically not having them this time. I've sold them all off. They took over the entire tank and killed off pretty much everything except a gorgonian, red and green mushrooms, and some zoa's. It was cool looking but I'm over it for now. I'd like to get some hard and softies.

Back