RECALL!! Stealth / Stealth Pro Heaters!

Jhuneke

Just an FYI..I went online and saw that all Marineland STEALTH and STEALTH PRO heaters have been recalled ( as of last year) due to overheating tanks and housefires. If you own one please check your model #..
Wattage Model #
25W ETP25 25W ML90447-00
50W ETP50 50W ML90448-00
75W ETP75 75W ML90449-00
100W ETP100 100W ML90450-00
150W ETP150 150W ML90451-00
200W ETP200 200W ML90452-00
250W ETP250 250W ML90453-00
300W ML90454-00
Sorry if this has been kicking around for awhile, but just in case.. Petsmart took mine back w / no reciept or packaging,for store credit. As well I called Petco and they offered to do the same.
I have heard this is not the case for everyone, but here in I.E. there seems to be no problem. They have been instructed to do so, so maybe refer to this website, http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11202.html , or google for more info. Glad I checked mine before reinstalling it, and thought I'd pass it along for anyone who may have missed it ,like I did! Good luck all! Happy (warm) Reefing!

I had 2 75 watters running. One died all together, and the other is stuck in the on position. I was glad I used two smaller heaters because just that one was not enough to overheat my tank in winter.

I had problems with the 25W overheating a pico prior to the recall. Mrineland customer disservice bungled my complaint. Don't buy their products.

I had never heard of Stealth heaters but I got one with a tank I bought off of CL. I started poking around on line and read about the recall. I called Marineland and without a hassle they sent me a post paid shipping label 3 days later. Once I send back the heater they are going to cut me a check for the retail value. Then I'll buy a Jager!

I processed my claim last year for a replacement. I still have not seen it. Not like it was a big deal, I usually replace my heaters every year, but I wanted to see if they would take care of it anyways.

I had never heard of Stealth heaters but I got one with a tank I bought off of CL. I started poking around on line and read about the recall. I called Marineland and without a hassle they sent me a post paid shipping label 3 days later. Once I send back the heater they are going to cut me a check for the retail value. Then I'll buy a Jager!

Bought one yesterday !

Old news! But if anyone wants to send old stealth heater sim sure ill get a nice brand new heater for it so you can PM me, & thank you. Lol

agreed, old news. but they are still being sold in alot of different pet stores. i had 2 of them that went bad. 1 i cought in time and it didnt do too much damage. lucky for me it tripped a breaker and most of the crap was in my sump.

the other completely crashed my other tank and killed everything that was in it. they also like to split apart, crack, explode and of course either stay on over heating the tank or not turn on. if you ever have an issue with the heater you can call them directly to have you case opened. they ended up sending me a nice sized check to cover all of my loses.

Back