Red Dragon 3 Speedy 100Watt 3100gph

I'm setting up a new tank when I first used the pump to clean as instructed, pump worked fine, only ran the pump about 5 minutes. A few days later I received the interface once connected the pump no longer worked at least not as it should. Pump seemed like it was priming and was giving codes on display it only worked when I held the up arrow. Anyone please advise.

[MENTION=225253]slief[/MENTION]
Might want to post here, might have a better chance of getting a response.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=745

And as long as I'm here, as an FYI... I went with the RD3 100w Flow Pump.
It's been rock solid since install. It interfaced seamlessly with my GHL P4 and using a flow meter to control the pump's output, the P4 maintains the flow rate to within +/-10 gal/hour.
Very happy with the purchase.

I'm setting up a new tank when I first used the pump to clean as instructed, pump worked fine, only ran the pump about 5 minutes. A few days later I received the interface once connected the pump no longer worked at least not as it should. Pump seemed like it was priming and was giving codes on display it only worked when I held the up arrow. Anyone please advise.

Are you by chance Greg? If so, we have replied to your email to the factory. A couple things could cause that. One is the pump being hydro locked due to plumbing configuration. It could be that the controller is just having a boot up error or possibly something impeding the impeller. Please respond to that email with your intake and output plumbing sizes and also some pictures of your plumbing. In the mean time, power the pump down, disconnect the motor connection from the controller and power it back up without the motor connected. Then power down and connect the motor and power back up again. If the issue persists, take the pump cover off and remove the impeller. Inspect for blockages and debris inside the pump. If the pump has been in operation for more then 6 months, soak the motor, impeller and pump cover in undiluted household distilled white vinegar for 10 minutes. Then scrub inside the motor block with a tooth brush, scrub the impeller and pump cover with a dish brush. The rinse and reassemble. The vinegar will remove and mineral deposits in the bearing and friction points that would otherwise cause start up errors.

Back