Red Sea Max Owners Club

I went back before this split and read the last few post.. Looks like there was a falling out of sort.. I will definatly be sorry if there is no more RSM club here. I wonder where everybody went... Any body know??????????????

It really is too bad that a 5 star rated thread is dieing out.

With the dedicated people gone to another site there is really no where else for it to go.

So sad :(

I am not going to to rehash the history here. If the thread stays on topic (which I would hope it would), we can keep it open. If the thread goes off topic and is nothing more than a bash-fest (as demonstrated in two posts I was forced to remove), I will close it.

Scooterman,

What is that black thing on the back of your tank, behind your lights?
I can see a fan opening but don't know what the rest of it is.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13237976#post13237976 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mhurley
Scooterman,

What is that black thing on the back of your tank, behind your lights?
I can see a fan opening but don't know what the rest of it is.

That is the plastic back that is integral to the tank. The stock hood would normally attach to that by sitting the hood on the tank and then securing with two support rods.

Ooooo.....Sorry...never seen a RSM in person. I've got a BioCube and I thought that thing was some aftermarket refuge light or fan or something.

Thanks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13238008#post13238008 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mhurley
Ooooo.....Sorry...never seen a RSM in person. I've got a BioCube and I thought that thing was some aftermarket refuge light or fan or something.

Thanks.

No worries, the fan opening you see in the photo is for a fan you can get from red sea to help cool the temp of the water. I don't know of anyone who has ever gotten it or used it. I don't live where it gets all that hot and when it does I run my A/C. my tank has always stayed at a constant 78 degrees.
Here are some pics of after market work.....

modified rear cover....
100_0685.jpg

rear cover open showing part of the lifereef custom overflow box...
100_0686.jpg

the backside of the tank and lifereef overflow box...
100_0687-1.jpg

finally the work in progress sump/refugium...
100_0689.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13240201#post13240201 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by brycek
No worries, the fan opening you see in the photo is for a fan you can get from red sea to help cool the temp of the water. I don't know of anyone who has ever gotten it or used it. I don't live where it gets all that hot and when it does I run my A/C. my tank has always stayed at a constant 78 degrees.
Here are some pics of after market work.....

modified rear cover....
100_0685.jpg

rear cover open showing part of the lifereef custom overflow box...
100_0686.jpg

the backside of the tank and lifereef overflow box...
100_0687-1.jpg

finally the work in progress sump/refugium...
100_0689.jpg

Someone swimming in the fuge?

Someone swimming in the fuge?

Yes, my striped damsel who has been terrorizing my new goby. I put him in the fuge until I can get him returned to my LFS. I have had the damsel for over a year and he had never been aggressive toward any other fish until I got the new goby. the flow through is slow enough that he isn't fighting a current the whole time. He should be back at the LFS by the weekend.

lol, i did the same thing w/ a yellow damsel in my 75, except he was beating up a Powder Blue Tang that was a good 2" bigger than him

New To RSM: Mod Recommendations

New To RSM: Mod Recommendations

I recently received a Red Sea Max as a gift and am excited to get it up and running. I have been poking around on this thread and recognize that there are some recommended modifications. I am having trouble finding the posts that actually explain how to accomplish the mods (specifically the one for the skimmer). I would appreciate any guidance. If someone can point me to previous posts that outline how to carry out the mods, I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Albion-

Unfortunately this thread has died out. The people that kept this thread alive have moved on to a different site.

The only advice I can give you is to read through what you can. I know buried in the thread splits somewhere you will find some of the answers you are looking for.

Good luck and enjoy your new setup.

Just Stopping By

Just Stopping By

Well, it has been a long while since I have posted in this thread. I loved my RSM, but I decided to sell it (and it contents) and go a different direction, I just wanted to stop by and thank Reefmack and many others on this thread who were so helpful to me when I got back into the hobby. In case anyone is interested in my new setup, you can check it out here.

Regards,

Stuart

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13186475#post13186475 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MPeer
Hank - Aren't firefishes known to jump? Do you put covers for your tank to prevent this? I'm thinking of getting a jawfish and wanted to know what people have done to cover the top of their tanks beside using egg crates.

Sorry for the delay in replying. ;)

We just have the standard RSM cover and no one has "left the house" yet. ;)

-hank

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13261224#post13261224 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JB23
Reefmack;
Whats' Up? No posts in 3 days!
Take Care.

His profile lists his status as "Moved On"

-hank

Back