Red turf algae... Its back

OceanJack

So my nightmare has come back to haunt me...

Had this issue of red turf in my old nano aio and the decision to upgrade was part that it was infested with red turf algae. No matter what I did, phosphate at 0 with Hanna meter, 0 tds, lights for a week, dosing ho2o even dipping rocks in that full strength, nothing would get rid of it. Even tried turbo snails and no luck....

I used some of the rock from my old tank, I bleached and sun dried it as well. Today I see some patches popping up, what are some measures I should do to make sure it's not going to overtake my tank?

I guess I could get an urchin..

You could try Vibrant aquarium cleaner. There's a 200+ page thread on another reef site where people have had good results with it.

Just ordered some now, I read mixed things on it but I am hopeful that this would catch it early before it full on spreads all over my rocks.

Rta is such a pain. I had it years back and the only thing that ate it ime was the blue tuxedo urchin. Give one a try and good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There are some tufts of it growing, I'm hoping that the vibrant will choke it out first. If not then either urchin or sea hare

Back