reefa's 75 rr

reefaluva

Finally got all the stuff together to start this. Built my stand and ended up screwing it up pretty bad. So started it over. Not a great wood worker. Building my second stand tonight. Hoping to finish sometime sat. Still waiting on my rock and sand, been 2 weeks. the hurricane pushed my shipping dates back, grrr lol..But steve from reef rocks added a extra 8 pounds for the delays so not too mad=) Will try to post lots of pics. Thanks mitch for getting me back into hobby and for all the help and info=):dance:

What did you mess up on? Doesn't sound like the smoothest start but I'm sure everything will come together in the end. I always try to think that all the delay just keep me from moving too fast. Certainly have to be patient to do it right. What light did you end up going with?

Here is a quick crappy little pic of how I hung my 150W MH over my planted tank. I didn't even paint it yet but it only cost maybe $15. I know you were wondering how to hang the TEK light. Which by the way i found legs for. http://www.aquacave.com/Bracket-legs-system-for-Tek-Light-T5-fixture-by-Sunlight-Supply-960210-P2671.aspx
I'm not sure if they only fit certain sizes or not?

IMG_1749.jpg

Well the first stand i built I wasnt too precise on my cuts. So after i was done building it wobbled. Then the tank did not sit flush on the 2x4's only one corner was touching. Just didnt feel safe with shimmed plywood and the wobble. Def not a smooth start, but you took the words right outa my mouth, I was gonna say it keeps me from rushing to much lol. I ended up going with 2 72 watt cree led fixtures from reef breeders. They have 13 royal blue, 8 white, 1 green and 2 red per fixture. So far they are bright as heck. From what people saying i can have anything i want anywhere in the tank. But do not run at 100%.

I have to admit this are a bit pricey but they sure do look the poop and should work well with your LEDs.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aOzPjXAuYMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Actually once i get this stand done and in the house trying to hang the led's from L brackets mounted on the wall. Have no idea how its going to look but we shall see=)

Paint and handles done tonight. Got my rocks in yesterday, still waiting on damn sand. Working on sump and plumbing thurs, friday. Hope to be filling up saturday or sunday.

Thanks guys) I painted it black, everything in my front room is black so fits in perfect. Got sick so fell behind a couple days but hopefully get sump done soon. All dry rock, mstark going to give me one little live rock and a little sand to get me going. STILL waiting on my sand i ordered from reef rocks over 3 weeks ago??? He offered to give me money back but just 14 bucks. But still hate waiting for freaking sand. Have 60lbs on hand might try that and see if it works. The L brackets worked great for the lights, now searching for timers, each light has 2 plugs so trying to find timers that have 2 outlets and plug in both whites to one and both blues to the other.

I think, funny enough, when I ordered my rock/sand it got stuck behind a tropical storm too. how funny just let me know when you're ready, my rocks won't go anywhere.

Looks good. I'm not ignoring you guys I'm in Florida for my Best Friends wedding.
Whats the side for? are you putting another tank there or is it just for extra shelf space.

The side is for the ato bucket and electrical. Plumbing was a ***** btw i hate plumbing. Filling with water as we speak. Still have not got my sand from reef rocks kinda funny the 60lbs i had was enough so if i ever get it i have some extra sand lmao.

Tank set up, after a couple plumbing issues. Cycling now, should be pretty quick. Got some substrate from mstark and ray. Have 3 chromis in my tank now. Need to sell 2 300 watt jaggers if anybody is interested or know somebody who is. 20 bucks each. Cost 25.99 if i remeber right. they were just too big. Also have 80lbs of sand if anybody needs some or would like to trade some)

Back