Reeflo setup

jonnyu

Sorry about the poor quality drawing. I am wondering can I install this Reeflo Hammerhead pump this way. I know I have to prime it first but will it work? Thanks.

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 0
Reeflo?

Reeflo?

Yes . I had a mag 5 set up the same and it worked for me. How are you getting water back to feed the sump?

Well I rather not drill the sump. It's a glass sump and I don't know how well it will hold up. If someone has a plastic sump they want to get ride of let me know.

it can be done with the mag or whatever feeding to it to prime it, but i would just drill the side of the tank if its not tempered, kinda defeats the purpose of an external pump,

Well I rather not drill the sump. It's a glass sump and I don't know how well it will hold up. If someone has a plastic sump they want to get ride of let me know.

Let me know if u want to put one together its pretty simple or if u want to drill that one I have the proper tools wont take but about 10 min to drill let me know

Sent from me using tapatalk

It is actually much safer than drilling and using a bulk head, it also saves a ton of space in tight set ups and allows you to use a quick disconnect ball valve on the vertical pipe and keep the pump flush & parallel to your sump.
I had it in my 210 for 6 years never had a problem, I have also installed them in several systems including a 1000+ gallon grow out system with no issues.
I am regret not have been able to do my tank main pump like that but I bought a used sump and it had holes already.
9dx
The way I have done it is with a sanitary tee, 2-90 Elbow and a clean up with a threaded plug, this you will use to fill the pump side for the first time.

243865_front200.jpg

634959_front200.jpg

296079_front200.jpg

Mitch, there are several reasons why this method is safer, for once, it keeps the integrity of the glass pane.
There is no need to drill the glass thus avoids any chances of cracking it period.
It eliminates the chance of a leaky bulkhead, trust me this happens more often than I wish and when it happens in a sump is a royal PIA.
Depending on the thickness of the glass it is very easy to crack the glass at the bulkhead when moving the pump just a half inch in any direction while changing, servicing or simply as an accident.
Finally the Sequence reeflo pumps use large intakes from 1.5" to 2" this mean that you will need to drill a very large hole near the bottom of the glass from 2 5/8" to 3 1/4", it is practically impossible to align the pump with the hole opening so you are force to elevate the pump with pieces of foam or wood.

I like the idea with the sanitary T. Thanks for the offer to drill it. I am just worried about making a giant hole in the side the tank. If it was a home made sump then I would drill it. But since it's a 29 gallon tank I will run It up and back down. I'm not to worried about the siphon breaking because my house has a ups with auto generator so I think I should be alright. I will also be installing a flap check valve for extra safety.

What's the best way to prime a pump and get it going?

Depends on your circumstances, As Mitch mentioned above you could use a a strong power head or a submersible pump and force water in the input while turning on the pump that you want to prime.
Depending of your design you may need to do this every time you turn your pump off, for example if your pump is installed higher than your water line or on a incline, this will drain the pump back to the sump every time.
With the over the top method the rise pipe always remains with water so you never have to prime it again.

Mrx can a existing hole be drilled bigger?? If so I need a hole drilled. I think I am going to drill it up. I don't want to have to install another pump to keep it primed. Can you pm your contact so we can set something up. Thanks

I am moving my filtration from one place to another and I am making it twice the size. I am also adding in a 110 tank to my outside bar. So I hope it looks good when its done. here are some pics of the new build and the old setup. I just picked up the skimmer I was just trying it out thats why the cabinet is open and has a skimmer sitting there. lol
5a50bbaa.jpg

b3773b9e.jpg

2beb3c1e.jpg

32ce4a58.jpg

1f0d06e7.jpg

bf01457d.jpg

8f7760e0.jpg

700d5784.jpg

Back