Regal Angel Primer

Regal Angel Primer

291cde493bee1a217b450dc1b892e275.jpg

Second formalin dip before 3rd ttm. Should be good to go. Since the store i got it from have a high chance of flukes.

Done formalin bath, 1st ttm, prazi pro in 2nd ttm, formalin bath , 3rd ttm, then 4th ttm with prazi and into quarantine tank for observation. This guy eats like a hungry baby.

If he is eating well and doesn't loose weight you should be good. The key is to get them eat a lot - the more the better.

I got the male of my Sumatra pair on pellets. The female took them first and he copied it after a while. By now he eats them like crazy, even from the surface. The same when feeding Mysis - he goes through them like a Pac-Man and gobbles up what he can get. Especially the pellets are helpful as I can now have additional feedings while not at home. You can actually see how he gained weight over the last week. I would say it may take another month until he is as fat as the female.

I received mine from live aquaria yesterday, not divers den. I wanted o e of the yellow bellys on divers den that were about 3.5 inches last week but by the time I convinced my wife they were long gone. I ordered a med/large Maldives yellow belly which was supposed to be between 3 1/4 and 4 inches. When it arrived I was disappointed to see that it was over 5 inches. The fish is absolutely stunning just a lot bigger than I expected. When I placed the order I even had them make a note that I wanted the smallest healthy one they had. If I had known I was going to get this giant I would have waited. Now they small o Es on ther for $130 less than I paid for mine. So all and all I'm a little disappointed with live aquaria. Luckily the fish eats. He ate mysis and spirulina brine shrimp so far.

You would not believe how many Regals I have received that were larger than advertised. One I ordered from my LFS was small and came in large. LA is not the only supplier that does this, I noticed they added large to the list this morning. My problem is my juvy is stuck in Kentucky. I am hoping UPS tracking is just slow? Yesterdays DD order came in perfect and on time, the almost adult Blueface going into my 180 was eating by last night in QT.

My Regal is just getting better and better. I really enjoy this fish.
attachment.php

Attachments

• RegalAngel2016050501.jpg
    RegalAngel2016050501.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 2
Well my Regal has finish TTM and formalin dip and prazi treatment. Into quarantine tank she goes for observation.
Who said its too stressful on these fish?

scuzy glad it worked and congrats. Well thank God for UPS updates being off. It went from arrived in Kentucky 2:20 am to on truck for delivery 7:30am, not sure what happened in between? Delivered 10:02. I was hoping for 2 1/2" and it came in 1 1/2". Sure glad it is going in a docile tank in time.

any thoughts on what?

sorry, i was trying to repost one from the end of april. i have a 6ft 125 gallon with 100 lbs of live rock. i have a moorish idol ( 7 months ), a mystery wrasse, pajama cardinal, 2 percula clowns, and a 16" snowflake eel. i am going to be adding a large maldives regal to this system and was looking for any thoughts or input.

Back