Regal Angel Primer

sorry, i was trying to repost one from the end of april. i have a 6ft 125 gallon with 100 lbs of live rock. i have a moorish idol ( 7 months ), a mystery wrasse, pajama cardinal, 2 percula clowns, and a 16" snowflake eel. i am going to be adding a large maldives regal to this system and was looking for any thoughts or input.

Go medium, as with any large fish they tend to have a hard time changing from natural to prepared. If your LFS gets one in make sure it is eating before the purchase

twon8
How big is your Regal? My blue breast also have orange line on the anal fin at about 3+ inches. So is my Red Sea Regal at 3.5. I would love to see an Indian Ocean Regal that is about 3.5 inches so that I can clearly see the different between Red Sea and Indian Ocean sub-population

While this is fresh here is my Red sea . This is about a year old. When I take out my phone or camera half of my fish start to swim fast so its hard to get photos also notice the top rear fin color as well ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462538921.032505.jpg

twon8
How big is your Regal? My blue breast also have orange line on the anal fin at about 3+ inches. So is my Red Sea Regal at 3.5. I would love to see an Indian Ocean Regal that is about 3.5 inches so that I can clearly see the different between Red Sea and Indian Ocean sub-population

About 3", maybe a bit smaller

Well a quick update, my little girl is eating with authority this morning. Now I just need 30 days to go by.

i really enjoy regals. here's one more through prophylaxis/qt - loving on some LRS fish frenzy and LRS eggs. pardon the poor video and actinic only lighting when it was captured.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t7mZ6nXc7Hg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

question about Regal Angel. I recently got one about 2.5 inches. Do they require lengthy tank for swimming room? like tangs?

or are they ok in tall tanks? I have a 120gal tall tank. about 4ft tall and 2ft wide. Not sure if I should put the Regal in there.. or in my 150gal standard SPS tank.

question about Regal Angel. I recently got one about 2.5 inches. Do they require lengthy tank for swimming room? like tangs?

or are they ok in tall tanks? I have a 120gal tall tank. about 4ft tall and 2ft wide. Not sure if I should put the Regal in there.. or in my 150gal standard SPS tank.

i would think because of their mature size a 6 ft or longer would be better. i ordered a large maldives from liveaquaria yesterday that will be here tomorrow. will be going into my 6ft 125 gallon with my moorish idol, snowflake eel, pj cardinal,mystery wrasse, and two clowns.

that is true.. I better stick with wrasse and dwarf angels in the tall tank..

in my 150, there are 6 wrasse, a 1 spot foxface, a baby tusk, and an anthias

that is true.. I better stick with wrasse and dwarf angels in the tall tank..

in my 150, there are 6 wrasse, a 1 spot foxface, a baby tusk, and an anthias

watch out for that tusk, they get nasty as they mature. mine became a real jerk and had to find a new home.

Back