Rendos' New 120 gallon tank

Very nice!

Couple commentary type comments:

External overflow - Genius. I think it makes a HUGE difference. Although to me looking at it worries me a little - like it's going to fall off just stuck on the back there with no support. I know it wont - but that doesn't set my mind at ease :)

Glad you shortened the Loclines - that's a definite pet peave of mine when people run like 10" long locline tubes into the tank. Just looks wrong.

Great aquascaping - nice open feel with lots of room for growth.

Did you mention what you're doing with the open spot on the stand? You said something about seagrass/horses in the tank in the stand? Maybe a tall (24") half cylinder type tank in that spot with the horses? Small PC fixture, tied into the fuge underneath for some natural food?

Again - Looks great!

Thanks again everyone.

Jamesurq - I like the old avatar better, but that is just my opinion.
External overflow - doesn't really bother me, but I can see why it would bother some people.
Loclines - the plan was never to use all that, but I was waiting for the locline elbows to come in. I hate those foot long loclines in the tank too.
Aquascaping - I like the open-ness too.
Open spot on top of the stand is just for my wife to decorate (family photos, nick nacks, etc.). The seagrass/macro algae tank is actually under the stand, but is not running yet. I have it plumbed inline, but have the ball valve closed for now. I have a 20 gallon high tank with a 130 watt PC fixture over it. It is fed from my overflow box, and drains into the sump. I hope to have a couple of pipefish in it instead of seahorses. As soon as I get it running, I will post more pics.

You didn't realise your were doing it, but THANKS!!! I just posted a question on the SPS forum, what do tanks with 20000k 250w look like?

Lighting is 2 X 250 watt XM 20K's on PFO M58 ballasts, and 2 X 95 watt VHO actinics.

One question, are the DE or SE?

Also, would you possibly do me a huge favor, and do a picture of the same tank without actinics? I'd really appreciate it!

Jamesurq - I will most likely be contacting you about the algaes when the tank is ready.

elephen, Ludwigia73 - Thanks!

They are SE. I will have to wait until I get home to take a pic without actinics, but that is no problem.

Ludwigia73 - picture with no actinics.
65389072-L-1.jpg

Back