Rich's 30G Cube Build.... Yea This One!

Is that the Oceanic 30g tank the Petsmart was clearing out? I am really suprised that you did not shatter that tank drilling the bottom. The bottom is tempered according to Oceanic. I was going to do the same thing, but only the sides should be drilled. Realize that the bottom could shatter at any time. Good luck

there was no sticsker like usual and i taped it a couple of times..... with athe amount of pressure and drilling and vibration it would have shattered already,

My 30 cube has a sticker saying tempered on the bottom pain. I don't think he would have even completed the holes if it were tempered.

Great job! it is looking great. Check out graylite glass for that overflow, it is dark glass. I ended up finding the lighter shade graylite, which is okay, but wanted the dark stuff.

AS Promised
DSC01435.jpg

DSC01436.jpg

Last edited:
I am likeing it. Looks like it is comming along nicely.:)

I don't think any body knows if the tank they buy is tempered or not. All the charts say that they aren't and then someone drills one and BOOM.

I think anymore it is a craps shoot. Just get the drill out and go for it. If it works great if not OOPS. In the end it is just a chance we all take. Just like the chance we take on a sucessfully drilled tank, how long will it last? Did the drilling put undue stress in the tank? Only time will tell.

Also is that tile?
If so are there no worries of silicates?

UPDATE!
rock work after being cleaned. this is not live rock. i choose not to go with live rock due to all the potential algea growth. ill make my rock live my self.

DSC01437.jpg

DSC01438.jpg

Back