Rich's 30G Cube Build.... Yea This One!

magnoliarichj

Well Taking a lesson Dr. Porsche.... He Could not fid a car he like so he built his own. I can find a nano i like So Im building my own...

I hope to get nominated in April For TOTM. It would be a great Bday present.

Well here goes.

I picked up the 30 Cube from Petsmart. It was on sale and then i got another 10% off Great Deal for tank and stand... Lets just hope the bottom is not tempered.

DSC01411.jpg

To start cutting holes I like to use a Dremel, the circular attachment, and the diamond bits from harbor frieght..... they are cheap about 20 bucks but you go through about 2-3 for every 2 holes.

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01417.jpg

DSC01419.jpg

DSC01421.jpg

A mock up of the plumbing....

DSC01430.jpg

If any one in the tampabay area can make this piece in acrylic pleas elet me know its the next step...

its 19 1/4" x 9" its the overflow wall

DSC01433.jpg

The tank as it stands in my house planning for the sump begins!

DSC01432.jpg

Thanks for looking More to come.... Ask questions its what its all about.

Rich Jackson

Uh.... I'm impressed. I'm 90% sure the bottom is tempered. At least my 37 cube is.... I'm sure of that. Nice job!

nice work cant wait to see how it comes along
and im quite jealous of your location being as ive vacationed there since i was four and want to live there some day! i stayed on longboat key and most recently (because they tore down the place we stayed) lido key. i know that place like the back of my hand! and sure as h*ll im missing it now since i had to clean snow off my car today!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14187283#post14187283 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Megg0602
nice work cant wait to see how it comes along
and im quite jealous of your location being as ive vacationed there since i was four and want to live there some day! i stayed on longboat key and most recently (because they tore down the place we stayed) lido key. i know that place like the back of my hand! and sure as h*ll im missing it now since i had to clean snow off my car today!

My house is for sale..... in case you want to move.

Cube DIY is looking good. There are several places where you can find a small piece of plastic/lexan/acrylic rather then glass for the overflow box then you might be able to get it in black and slot the top fins with your dremmel & jug saw. I was helping Bruce today move his Mac Daddy cube with everyone, I noticed he built in round mini-halogen cabnet lighting under th tank for the sump & underside computer type fan in the cabnet to reduce heat. Looked great.

Back