ro/di filter producing way way to much waste water

I have a brand new ro/di 4 stage klean water 100gpd system and its producing an insane amount of waste water. the good water is 80 gallons a day coming out at 0 tds seems fine but the waste water is flowing way to fast wasting a gallon a minute . my pressure is low 30 psi but what could be causing this? I was told get a booster pump an additional membrane to help this? is the restrictor not working on the waste side? why is it coming out so fast? is the good water which is 0 tds good to use ? the tap water tests at 25 tds . what should i do setting up a new 29 gallon tank made 25 gallons so far

Low input water pressure will result in high waste flow and a booster pump should correct it. Keep in mind "waste" water is still cleaner than the source water. Some people will run the waste out to their yard or garden.

Measure waste to product, should be 3:1.
Use the 25g, it's good, did you dump the first couple of gallons that has some glycerol from a new membrane.

Yes I did dump first 2 gallons . Would I need a second membrane and a booster or just a booster pump ? My ratio is like 20 to 1. Wasting a gallon a minute. Not ideal looking to fix This. It’s only 29 gallon tank so after it’s filled up won’t need a ton after just top off and water changes not waste adds up quick

Low pressure and cold water will reduce the water flow through the membrane. Try warming your water to 76 degrees and see how it goes.

You can coil a few feet of tubing in a 5G bucket with a heater or just room temp.
Make sure the flow restrictor is correct for the membrane, you could probably go a size smaller to increase product water.
With tap water that is 25ppm TDS, you really just need to dechlorinate depending on livestock.

Back