RODI booster pump/pressure switch issues

5to9design

After several months of filling 5 gallon jugs every week at my local water supplier I have finally invested in a BRS 6 stage RODI unit. I set the unit up and ran about 25 gallons of water through it, to find I had already burned through half a canister of di resin. Not a huge deal as I had strongly suspected that I had co2 in my well. The next day I set up a degassing barrel.

So at this point my system goes- source water (56 degrees 550 tds softened) > Aquatec 6800> 1 micron sediment >1 micron carbon >1 micron carbon > single 75 gpd membrane> pressure switch > inline valve> float valve> to degassing barrel

From there it is aerated for a day or two and sent through di to holding barrel.

My issue is when the float valve or ball valve after ro membrane close the pressure switch will shut off pump for a few seconds then allow it to kick back on, run for a few seconds and kick back off for another 20-30 seconds Then continue that cycle indefinitely. I have added a check valve after the ro membrane thinking maybe it was leaking back and that did not solve the issue. I called brs and they suggested turning down the pressure switch setting and also pump pressure but I don't believe that's the issue as I know everyone else runs these pumps and switch and don't seem to have this issue. Any input is welcome, thanks for reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: BRS is sending a new ASV. I had put a ball valve on the output of ro membrane. With ball valve off cycling of the pump has diminished. Hopefully this solves the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back