Royal-Exclusiv / Vertex Cone Skimmer Club

Thanks Jeremy for forwarding my tracking information. Looks like my Alpha 300 will arrive tommorow!!!!! It feels like CHristmas Eve today!!!

Anyone else upgrade from an H&S to an Alpha? If so what is you opinion so far?

Here are some photos of the revision kit next to the original impeller and pump head. The new revised items are on the right.

170revision1.jpg

170revision2.jpg

170revision3.jpg

170revision4.jpg

Looks like the pins are actually longer on the impeller, but the plate is thinner. What is the gray attachment at the exit end of the volute?

The gray fitting is an adapter to work with the same sized silicone coupling and inlet to the skimmer body. The outlet of the pump head is actually smaller now, so the adapter is needed.

They are similar, but not the same. Keep in mind that very small changes with pump geometry actually make very large real world test differences.

question about LPH please
on alpha 250,,,its said 1500mph but when i get mph air metter its reading at 1200mph on the main tube and the small red air tube is about another 300mph so its right? or
1500lph just on the main big airtube?
anyone ever try airmetter on apha250? thanks

There is a shipment of Alpha's on the way to the US right now, specifically 200's and 250's, however I do not have an eta yet. They still have to go through customs, etc.

The Alpha 250 should be reading around1500LPH with the 59mm nozzle, 1800LPH with the 56mm nozzle, and around 2200-2300LPH with the 47mm nozzle. Please note that only the very first batch of 250's had the 59mm 1500LPH nozzle in them. The 250's ship with the 56mm and 47mm nozzle now.

Alpha 170 Users:

Hang on to your skimmer bottoms, this revision rocks!!! :)

Note that once you get the mod please screw the tunable venturi all the way in to the right. Once there take a permanent marker and place a dot on the top of the white part, and another dot aligning up with the white on the gray part. This will give you a point of reference when unscrewing the venturi to dial it in.

Last edited:
There is a shipment of Alpha's on the way to the US right now, specifically 200's and 250's, however I do not have an eta yet. They still have to go through customs, etc.

The Alpha 250 should be reading around1500LPH with the 59mm nozzle, 1800LPH with the 56mm nozzle, and around 2200-2300LPH with the 47mm nozzle. Please note that only the very first batch of 250's had the 59mm 1500LPH nozzle in them. The 250's ship with the 56mm and 47mm nozzle now.

my 47mm nozzle reading at 1200lph right now,,,what is problem ? anyone know?

Back