Royal-Exclusiv / Vertex Cone Skimmer Club

I got 24-1/2" of clearance inside my stand, how much space do I need to remove the collection cup of a alpha 170?

I got 24-1/2" of clearance inside my stand, how much space do I need to remove the collection cup of a alpha 170?

1/2 an inch is enough clearance fro me to unscrew the the collection cup on my alpha 300. You'll als want to be sure that you have enough space between the top rim of your sump and the edge of your cabinet door opening to get the cup through that space.

I bought mine through socal tropical fish in southern california. How will I get the replacement for my 170?

Same for me, I bought mine at LFS in northern California. Having some surging/microbubble.

Also, looking through this thread the 170 shown came with the RD1000. Mine came with the RD1500. Is this correct?

Gonna go probably with the vertex alpha 200 since its only $100 more and it uses the same size pump as the alpha 170

got one question, what is the actual footprint of the skimmer?
Premiumaquatics say 8.75"x13.75" other online vendor says 9.75"x13.75" and another one says 10.75"x13.75"

now i got 10.5"x15" would the Alpha 200 fit?

The Alpha 170 is going to receive a new volute, tunable venturi, and impeller. As soon as the parts come in I will get those shipped right out to everyone who has ordered through us. If you purchased your Alpha 170 skimmer elsewhere you will need to go back to the place of purchase for this revision.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hey Jeremy any idea when those things will ship?
Will we be recieving tracking numbers?? Just want to make sure ill be home..
thank you

Cory, my guess would be that the venturi hose or silencer would have some sort of gate or adjustable valve.

Same for me, I bought mine at LFS in northern California. Having some surging/microbubble.

Also, looking through this thread the 170 shown came with the RD1000. Mine came with the RD1500. Is this correct?

My goof up, my pump is RD1000. Too many pics too late of night...

The tunable venturi will be a screw adjustment just like what the Bubble King Deluxe and SuperMarin's use. This will take away the need for changing out nozzles, and just utilize one nozzle with the screw adjustment.

How Much $ and availability

How Much $ and availability

If the Bubble King 1500 pump needs a new needle wheel assembly what is the cost and availability. If I get a skimmer that uses this pump ( I am considering the 200) should I keep one as a spare. Does the warranty cover this part as I was told its the most likely part to break.

You would be covered under warranty for this part. If you would need to purchase a complete replacement impeller assembly for the 1500 pricing is $150. Keep in mind that these are not standard Askoll shafts and bearings. They are silicone carbide bearings and tungsten shafts. The impeller head is press fitted as well, so you can not just replace the impeller head on it.

By the way, the 200 is an absolute beast! I guarantee you would not be disappointed with it. I had a demo available that was originally sold, however the customer backed out and it's still available if you're interested? Full warranty, ready to go!

Thanks,
Jeremy

Back