Ruby Red

P1010074.jpg

here is an older picture of them under 14k

I have some too. Got them from soreviv(richard). They are nice looking zoas and they grow very fast. =)

TimB what lighting and flow do you have them under. I keep mine low on the bottom under 14ks. They are in heavy flow because most of my tank is SPS.

They look awesome. Was the first picture at the top you post under a 14k DE as well. What bulb are you using and are you using supplmental lighting.

The first two pictures are under 14k 250w Phoenix bulbs only. The third slightly fuzzy picture is 150w 14k Aquaconnect with power compact actinics.

i kept mine under 14k phoenix on the sand . they do gro w pretty fast. my bro fish @ chips 29 and our bud bpoc also has them. i gave a couple to timboo. they look sweet under actinics also. i still like the eagle eyes better lol. my tank took a shi7 though so more zoos. i am hoping to get some later from my bro or bpoc. or maybe timboo can hook it up with a coupel polyps when they grow out.

Just wanted to add- I just got a frag a few days ago from Poon and these things are stellar!! They literally are better in real than in the photos posted here!! Awesome zoa!!
Steve

I have them under 150 watt 20k mh on the bottom of the tank. they get a good amount of flow. hey richard give the zoas another month and i'll give you some. =)

Sorviv or Timb000 got any pictures? I was hoping this thread would get some good pictures going and what not. Sorviv last I heard you where out of the hobby after killing off the Purple Monster and the rest of your tank...was that true? Welcome back.:D

Last edited:
here are a couple pics. not the best pics but you get the idea. started with two polyps. now i have like 7 in about a month time.

redglitterzoa.jpg

redglitter.jpg

:D

timboo no rush bro! just let me know. i would love to get some back. they are good for trades. i will trade you some ppe for them back i have a few polyps of ppe that survived my crash. anyhow when your ready let me know ..

rich

Please keep the trade talk out of the discussion forums.

Kevin

Tim nice photo. Pondfrog if you get a chance post a picture of yours. I've seen your other photos and you have a special gift at taking clear pictures of the zoas. Anybody else out there got the Rubys? Mine keep best low under MH 250w, they tend to lighten a little under too intense of lighting.

Here's a pic of some I got a while back from a fellow RCer. Don't remember who but he lives up closer to me, north of LA. It took mine a while to start growing but they are doing better now that I've increased my lighting. I just bought a 175 MH setup that I'm going to be putting on the tank and getting rid of the PC's other than the atinic. Pic is with 110 W of 10K and 110 W of atinic PC's.

P1010047.jpg

Back