Salt Creep

hmspradlin

I have a 20 gal that was converted to a sump w fuge. Salt Creep is pretty bad and I'm worried about the long term effects of it on the inside of my stand. Suggestions on minimizing it? Currently have egg crate to hold the tubing in place, maybe I should get a custom fit piece? I'll upload picture shortly

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

f2ffb1a9cce7233dcefbb0c039bcb546.jpg

Is the water coming into the sump slashing all over the sump? How can so much water me getting there. "Salt creep" is just where salt water was and has dried out. You need to keep the water in the sump.

Eh splashing, not so much. I think it's really just a Mist. If you look to the left you can see where I scraped the salt off the wood of the stand on the inside left.

Looks like the water level is to high. If the electric goes off, it looks like you only have an inch to play with. Wet Floor

8432c93aa0d9c8e8beb7dd4a39e59723.jpg

That's the highest it does on the return side. When electricity goes out.. It doesn't overflow

The water is to high in that one chamber for sure, with the drain draining into it, dont see how you can stop the splashing except a little redesigning. Maybe put some plexiglass over that side, and drill a hole the same size as your drain, so the hose fits tight. That would help.

I would try to run the return pipe into the actual water in the drain section. That is how it is in my synergy sump and its dead silent and no splashing!

The water is to high in that one chamber for sure, with the drain draining into it, dont see how you can stop the splashing except a little redesigning. Maybe put some plexiglass over that side, and drill a hole the same size as your drain, so the hose fits tight. That would help.
Any idea on how I can lower the water level in the first chamber? The third one that has the return pump kinda needs to stay the level it is otherwise it evaporates and sucks air

I would try to run the return pipe into the actual water in the drain section. That is how it is in my synergy sump and its dead silent and no splashing!

I would try this as well, it's probably the easiest fix.

Back