Scandinavian / Japanese Style Reef Tank

Fantastic job on the plumbing. I am very jealous of the grey spaflex. It isn't readily available over here.

You are so nice SUPPOReefer. If there is anything that I can help you out with or dispatch let me know. I would be more than happy to help out

:fish1:

Dino

You are so nice SUPPOReefer. If there is anything that I can help you out with or dispatch let me know. I would be more than happy to help out

:fish1:

Dino

Thank you for the kind offer, but I have already completed plumbing of my tank. Saltwater starts going in tomorrow. To be honest, if I had seen your build before I started planning mine, I would have done some things differently. One of my favorite threads on RC. I can't wait to see all of your hard work payoff in a beautiful display.

CORAL20PLACEMENT20TOGETHER.jpg
I see that there are other persons "burned" like me that use computer graphic for putting corals in a tank... :spin1::fun4:
And ok Dino, now you have a octopus in your tank! Seems to be fresh, just fished...
Nice to see the results, well done! :thumbsup:

Thank you for the kind offer, but I have already completed plumbing of my tank. Saltwater starts going in tomorrow. To be honest, if I had seen your build before I started planning mine, I would have done some things differently. One of my favorite threads on RC. I can't wait to see all of your hard work payoff in a beautiful display.

Very happy to hear that we could inspire. Mainly decided to be completely transparent with the progress of the tank so our fellow reef central members can mainly learn from the mistakes we did during the process. Good luck tomorrow with the water. Today we will be installing some lighting solution for the bottom cabinet. Stay tuned and thanks for reading and commenting on my post.

:bounce1:

All the best,
Dino

We have tried to make a few illustrations showing a little better what I try to explain above.

- Our "virtual" coral purchase
- Illustration if corals were spread out
- Illustration if corals were grouped as we plan them to be

CORALS.jpg

CORAL20PLACEMENT20SPREAD.jpg

CORAL20PLACEMENT20TOGETHER.jpg

Beautiful build, congratulations. Did you obtain or create the coral graphics yourself? Are they available for others to use (for instance for use in SketchUp)? If so where can they be found.

Kind Regards.

I see that there are other persons "burned" like me that use computer graphic for putting corals in a tank... :spin1::fun4:

And ok Dino, now you have a octopus in your tank! Seems to be fresh, just fished...
Nice to see the results, well done! :thumbsup:

Grazie Octoreef!

The octopus is just fished and ready to be hit against the rocks to soften up :) Thanks for the feedback - i really appreciate you taking your time and following up the thread. Today is a busy day fixing the small details and getting really happy with how it shows up. After we are done tonight I will put some pictures so stay tuned.

Warm regards from Copenhagen (snowing this morning)
:wave:
Dino

Beautiful build, congratulations. Did you obtain or create the coral graphics yourself? Are they available for others to use (for instance for use in SketchUp)? If so where can they be found.

Kind Regards.

Hi Lavoisier and thanks for the positive feedback. To be honest i found them randomly on the internet and just used photoshop and cropped them. It does give a good visual idea but it also is pretty time consuming but i guess i dont have life these days :eek:)

All the best,
Dino

Hello everyong,

This morning we mounted LED light in the cabinet below the tank. We went for a cheap but efficient solution. It is the one that automatically switches on when you remove the front door.

Have some photos of the work ...

Part A

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

Part B

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

Thats all for now - Thanks for reading the update and see you again tomorrow with the next update.

Best regards from Copenhagen,
:bounce1:
Dino

This is amazing, I am going with a similar size and love the overflow design

Looking forward to seeing this progress, your stand is interesting

This is amazing, I am going with a similar size and love the overflow design

Looking forward to seeing this progress, your stand is interesting

Thanks Dallasg,

Alot of new things installed today but completely knackered to download the pictures but tomorrow I will so you can see the progress.

Warm regards from Scandinavia
:p
Dino

Hello everyone,

This evening we played a little more with LED light ... they are still in need of readjustment especially in front because we dont want the LED individual lights to be visible (not having the dotted effect)

The LED lights come with a remote controller that controls the density, the brightness and the colour. As I mentioned at the beginning of the thread due to the fact that the room where we place the aquarium is small we dont want the aquarium to dominate the space in a negative way. By adding a light source beneath and behind you get this "light" effect. This is a piece of info that came in handy from my university times - so it was not all party party as my parents claimed :smokin:

Below is a series of pictures with some of the various lighting options. At this point i would like to emphasise that i am not promoting any specific products as i am sure that there are even better options out there. I merely wish to show what we have used:

Part A:

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

Back