Part B

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

And here is an overview picture. Sorry for all the wirings here and there but they will be fixed last.

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

Thank you for reading my update and wishing you a pleasant evening from Copenhagen.

:wavehand:
Dino

have you tested the stand with weight? is it normal aluminum?

Hi dallasg,

The stand has been tested and able to carry up to 1.600Kg of weight. Our system weights something more that 1.000Kgs leaving a 500Kgs safe margin.

Good point though - i also had my suspicions until I got an expert on evaluating stability of structure.

Warm regards,
Dino

Nice progress thus far. I would sure like to see your fish list.

Hello Crazyfingerz,

This is next step and for sure we will not do the same mistake like the first tank. Then we just added randomly fishes and it was proven a bad idea because some where more aggressive than others. By the end of this week we will move what we already have in the old tank and after this we start the "adoption" of more

Warm regards,
Dino

Can't wait to see the new photos. What is your goal for having water in the tank?

Hi SUPPOReefer,

Not 100% sure I understand your question but i will answer anyhow :)

If you are referring to why we have water in the system then we did so to check if there is any leakage from the return pump as tomorrow there will be mature salt water transported to our place.

if you are referring to when we will have salt water then yesterday was the big day and was pretty stressed :crazy1: it all went fine and tomorrow pictures will follow.

Warm regards,
Dino

Beautiful look! I'm so happy I found this thread. I built my stand to have the same look as yours but it has two panels which are the doors. How does yours open? I was wondering if you could show how the panel on the stand attaches to the frame.
Mine doesn't have the final coat of paint yet but it will be a high gloss finish like yours. I love the look.

IMG_20121102_133649.jpg

Hi SUPPOReefer,
if you are referring to when we will have salt water then yesterday was the big day and was pretty stressed :crazy1: it all went fine and tomorrow pictures will follow.

You answered my question. Congratulations on already having salt water in. Can't wait to see the new updates. The under-tank lighting looks amazing (like everything else so far).

Dear friends,

Initially i would like to apologise for a late update which was due to my health not being so good. Last August i was operated for herniated disc and there has been some serious complications the past couple of weeks that made me spent more time in doctors and trying to figure out how i can be back on track.

But here i am and as promised I will start with some pictures from last weeks filling up of the tank. It all went perfectly fine due to good friends that came and helped the temporarily handicapped Dino and carried up 4 floors, 31 canisters of 25L of water each. Here is the photo footage of the filling up in two parts

Part A

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

Part B

Nothing is for free in this world and after 30 mins of heavy "cross-fit"there is nothing better other than gain all those burned calories with Pizza and Cola :)

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

10 pizza boxes, 2 bags of wine gums, 6 bottles of Cola and 2.5 hours later the fish tank was filled up with "mature" salt water.

And Dino is in LOVE with the new tank!

:love2:

Last edited:
Beautiful look! I'm so happy I found this thread. I built my stand to have the same look as yours but it has two panels which are the doors. How does yours open? I was wondering if you could show how the panel on the stand attaches to the frame.
Mine doesn't have the final coat of paint yet but it will be a high gloss finish like yours. I love the look.

IMG_20121102_133649.jpg

Hello Amanda,

Sorry for the late reply but i hope below feedback will pay off for the delay

1 picture 1000 words so below you can see how the front door is designed and the mechanisms to lock with the main body. It is fairly easy and although initially it looked impossible to have such a large piece of wood in one piece, the 2 handles make it very easy to remove and place.

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

If you need any further clarification please dont hesitate to let me know

Warm regards from snow filled Copenhagen.

Dino

nice Dino, very nice example of well built friend's crew :thumbsup:
And obviously, congrats for the fill. :celeb1::celeb1:

Hello everyone and welcome to tonights update.

All the pipings for the "ocean motion" has been installed and the test run went perfectly fine. The system runs on a nearly silent mode but since i am very sensitive with sounds then we will change the pump to a stronger one to ensure as quite solution as possible.

If you remember, "ocean motion" is a solution where a mechanism which is installed on top of the aquarium and looking like an octopus pumps water in the tank in 8 points at a certain pattern. Below I have some pictures from the time that we set the system on for the first time.

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

In order to make you understand better the location of these 8 outlets in the aquarium i have marked them with a red circle. With green circle i have marked the return pump.

Untitled-1.jpg

Below you can find a perspective view and where the flow valves are directed

flow.jpg

Finally we have made a video where we intentionally let some air in the system so you can see how the flow is changing from outlet to outlet. As I mentioned at the beginning we will change the pump to a much stronger one to ensure a good flow for the well being of corals (please note that the noise comes from the existing Red Sea Max tank)

CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW TO SEE VIDEO

Thats all for today. Thank you for reading our update and wishing you a wonderful night wherever you are around the world.

Warm regards,
Dino

Thanks for the updates. What pump are you planning on plumbing into the Oceans Motion? Are you using eductors on the returns or regular locline? Hope the back gets better soon.

This is the coolest build ever ! My dream... Great job with the details in this thread. I almost feel like I'm there with ya loll

Hello everyone,

Here is another update. My health condition with the back goes from bad to worst but the tank keeps on progressing on a positive pace.

3 x 18Kgs of live sand were placed in the fish tank. The technique used was simple: we started emptying the big bag to a smaller one which we then deep slowly slowly into the tank, upside down and release. Tomorrow I will level it as it now looks like a construction site with small mountains of sand.

I was "smart" enough to take water for measurements after we put the sand in so the measurements on kH are a but high.

Temp: 23
NO 2: 0
PH: 8
KH: 16
About 420
Salinity: 1.025
NO3: 0
Mg 1350
PO4: 0

And here are some pictures of the progress.

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

It is so nice to see it all coming together - cant wait to move our existing family (fishes & corals) to the new tank.
Hope you are all great and sending you my regards from the heart of Scandinavia.

Best regards,

:beachbum:

Dino

Thanks for the updates. What pump are you planning on plumbing into the Oceans Motion? Are you using eductors on the returns or regular locline? Hope the back gets better soon.

Hello SUPPOReefer,

Are you referring to the outlets of the Ocean Motion. If yes then we have used normal PVC piping and at the end (outlet) with a 90o angle PVC connector.

Unfortunately the back is going from bad to worst and already got a 4 week sick leave from work which gives me alot of time to spend with the fish tank. If I could only take away the severe pain i am experiencing, then it would be just like vacation :beer:

Best regards,
Dino

Back