Sea hare?

gareth.hubbarde

So it's been mentioned that a sea hare likes to eat hair algae and would work in my tank. I know they can be toxic once dead etc. Is there anything I could add to counter this? Possibly running carbon?
Also it's been mentioned I should use no pox, anyone else use this? Would you recommend it?

300l (80g) tank
36 kg crushed coral and aragonite substrate
40kg live rock
Deltec mce600 skimmer
1000lph filter pump
Filter floss
1 2800 lph pump,( hydor koralia 3200)
1x hydor koralia 1600 pump

1 algea blenny
1 kole tang
1 long nose Hawk fish
1 Royal gramma

1 strawberry conch
3 nassarius snails
1 boxer shrimp
6 small red legged hermits
1 Mexican turbo snail
1 tuxedo urchin
1 tube anemone

50c76b4d50e29fe381e20b999b4373f9.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

if you have a lot of hair algae then it will work. Once it eats all of it though he will need to go back to LFS or another tank or it will starve. Also while he is in the tank work on fixing the issue that caused the algae so it doesn't return. I have used one before and it worked. If it does die then get out asap and run carbon and good water change.

if you have a lot of hair algae then it will work. Once it eats all of it though he will need to go back to LFS or another tank or it will starve. Also while he is in the tank work on fixing the issue that caused the algae so it doesn't return. I have used one before and it worked. If it does die then get out asap and run carbon and good water change.
Thanks for the reply. Am going to reduce lighting by an hour each for blues and whites, will haul off what I can manually too. Do a full battery of tests tomorrow.
Have enquired about lfs getting a sea hare in. No guarantee on that any time soon.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Red Sea NoPox is more effective on nitrate, not so much on phosphate.
I would complete the tests for N & P first so we know which we are attacking.

Both LC's and GFO will reduce phosphate.

Back