Seachange

hey @lifeisbetterunderwater man your system is jam packed with eye candy everywhere you're indeed a talented marine aquarist and photographer

I thought I have seen your nick somewhere before! Thank you! Nowhere near talented just happen to have the right tools.

Wow!
Beautiful shots and gorgeous corals!

Thank you Matt! Been following your thread and all the interesting and ongoing discussions. Truth is I barely grasp half of it, that is how green I am in this hobby. Much to learn from you and the rest in here.

Riz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May i ask how long you have those fire fish in there for? i was thinking of putting more than one in my tank but it seems like eventually they'll kill each other off.

Haha yup that's me.I'm sure its something more than just the right equipment,can't wait to see how it develops over the years.

May i ask how long you have those fire fish in there for? i was thinking of putting more than one in my tank but it seems like eventually they'll kill each other off.

The firefish has been with me close to a year now. They are peaceful but very timid. I broadcast feed daily as they have absolutely no chance competing with the other fishes during auto feeding from my pellet feeder.

Absolutely beautiful!

Do you have pictures of when it was first established? Are you running any media, like siproax?

I think I have the beginning photo let me dig it out. I did not start this thread from day 1 so Left out most photos. It started as an LPS tank :)

I am using about 5 litres siporax and 5 litres seachem matrix they are all sitting in diy media baskets and or media bags in my sump. I will be adding another 2 litres in a fluidized reactor soon.

Wonderful Update, the tank and corals are glowing :)

Thank you Perry. I hope if there is anything wrong with my corals from your expert eye please do point out as I have much to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thread and tank so far! I'm thinking of getting into AF as well and threads like this make me want to give it a go. Do you have to stay on top of additives like on a zeo tank? I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on my new setup just need to read a little more on how to start an AF tank. Can't wait to see your continued progress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just went back and reviewed your photos again. Beautiful and a joy to look at. They inspire me to continue improving my reef keeping and also to buy a better camera I need to be able to take pictures as clear and defined as these.

Hi
Lovely tank, what camera ,lens and settings are you using .Are you shooting RAW then lightroom.I have a Nikon d7000 and its really hard toget the WB and dof anything like.

Bill

Beautiful tank and collection of acros there mate! Love how mature the tank is ����

The euphyllias and RBTA's play nicely with the SPS?

The euphyllias hardly touches the SPS so they are fine. The rbta though do sting.I noticed some tissue lost and less PE,but does not kill the SPS and growth and color are normal.

Wow gorgeous tank. Your acros are out of this world. Are they mostly wild?

A mixture of both wild and maricultured ones :)

Mmmmm. Beautiful! A pleasure to look at.
What's the first and second one?

Hi Matt,

The first one should be A.latistella. I have no idea on the 2nd one haha.

I just went back and reviewed your photos again. Beautiful and a joy to look at. They inspire me to continue improving my reef keeping and also to buy a better camera I need to be able to take pictures as clear and defined as these.

Thank you so much. I was inspired by other great threads in this forum and now my own thread is inspiring others.Anyone can achieve this.Some hard work with patience and luck! And less is more always!

Beautiful tank and collection of acros there mate! Love how mature the tank is í*½í±í*¼í¿½

Thank you. Your tank is one of my favourites too!

Hi
Lovely tank, what camera ,lens and settings are you using .Are you shooting RAW then lightroom.I have a Nikon d7000 and its really hard toget the WB and dof anything like.

Bill

Hey Bill. This is a point and shoot camera believe it or not. It is the Olympus TG-4.It shoots underwater without a casing. Has underwater mode with close up shots and It shoots in raw! I do white balance in lightroom.

Riz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back