Sebae Anemone Care?

TXChewy

Okay so the wife surprised me with a purchase order for a "PINK" Sebae Anemone and I am concerned about how to care for it. I have had good luck with RBTA's and a green carpet.

Tank has a 150w MH and a 2-3inch sand bed.

Any helpful tips would be great. I just dont have time tonight to google since I am off to the Red Sox vs Astros game. Sebae comes Tuesday so I have some time to research.

Thanks for any and all help

First of all there are no true pink sebaes(most likely dyed). The nem will most likely lose its color in a month or two. But if you all ready have other nems in your aqaurium, sell it to your LFS. If nems are to be kept with each other it must be with the same species, even that can end up bad.

But if you had luck with carpet anemones you will have no problem with the sebae.

I don't see a problem w/ multiple species in a tank as long as there is room, I have an LTA and sebae for 5 1/2yrs now.
But FWIW, my sebae is about 22-24" in diameter, they get REAL BIG.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12836064#post12836064 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SWaquariast
First of all there are no true pink sebaes(most likely dyed). The nem will most likely lose its color in a month or two. But if you all ready have other nems in your aqaurium, sell it to your LFS. If nems are to be kept with each other it must be with the same species, even that can end up bad.

But if you had luck with carpet anemones you will have no problem with the sebae.

That is not true ......have you ever seen Kims sebae? They can so be a natural pink.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1409301&perpage=25&pagenumber=5

Last edited:
If nems are to be kept with each other it must be with the same species, even that can end up bad.

This just isnt true. Please don't give advice if you don't know for sure. I'm sorry to be so direct but the "chemical warfare" schtick has never been substantiated.

Chewy post a pic or two. Where's she get it? A few of our LFS's have a rep for carrying the died version.

Thank You everyone for your input although I was wanting feeding suggestions. A new bigger tank is in our future so I hope things will work out until then. But like all things "it's all in the timing"

Kris - she purchased from salt water fish. She was on an email waiting list and bought it Friday. As soon as I get it I will take pics but will need info on posting. I have found this internet company is hit or miss. I have bought 4 picasso clowns from there at $99 each - 2 B Grade and 2 A Grade

Well it looks as though they are no better than some of our LFS. When I put it in a bucket to drip line it I noticed the water was pink.

:mad2:

:( oh no!

Saltwaterfish.com has been shaky for some people for fish orders, but everything I've heard about ordering anemones from them has been bad.

$99/ea for Picasso's seems a bit steep...one of the LFS around me had them in-store for $90/ea...always thought the mail-order stuff was supposed to be cheaper.

Back