Show me your ultra ultra ultra LPS pieces!

Just picked up this gem. Couldn't resist

These pics really don't do it justice how do you guys photograph these corals and actually represent the true colors?

I've had this Duncan Coral for maybe 2 months now and I have four new heads growing!
I'm fairly new to reef keeping so this is exciting. [emoji4]

64283e4fb58bb1d1cecfb9764a9df479.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I'm new to keeping lps just wondering what is the best food to feed them to get best growth and colour I've got hammers lobo's frogspawn torches and a very large elagence coral at the minute I feed mysis and reef roids

I'm new to keeping lps just wondering what is the best food to feed them to get best growth and colour

Lots of food particles in the water is probably more important than what you feed. Especially at night which is when they expect the food.

LPS and softies can also absorb lots of dissolved organics; you will sometimes see them inflate when you feed.

Thanks for the reply I have noticed at night time when I put reef roids in the water they inflate and there feeding tenticles come out

Even if you don't always feed their "favorite" stuff, they will expel what they don't like.

Most people however starve their corals.

Here's my new Flaming Bugatti, Crazy Clown, and Melting Pot chalice.

Haven't seen these for a WHILE!

picture.php

Just to clarify... the high prices of these is only because they are wanted more, and not because they do anything biologically different, correct?

Back