Show off your S. gigantea

Got this one with a ripped foot from live aquaria
E0B32F10-E3E1-44A5-8335-73CAC59B3933_zpssawa3x9p.jpg

After 2 months of medication
B9480F09-7E9B-4126-869B-C02400E37B69_zpskcv88kbc.jpg

And today......
647841AF-1590-4DE9-ADC8-C14C7744D192_zpso9o2gypu.jpg

Did you dip it instead of treat it continuously?

I floated it in a container just big enough for the nem for about 1-2 hours, pull it out and drop it back in the tank. Did this once a day for a hair over 2 months till the foot was healed.

250mg of cipro in just enough water to hold the nem. Leave him in there till he expels some waste. Suck the waste out with a turkey baster and then replace the removed water with more tank water. Once it looks like it's done expelling waste (an hour or 2) then pull the nem out and drop it back in the tank till the next day. Toss out the container of dirty cipro water.

Just got to show off my Petco Gigantea. It is multi-color with red/orange on the edge and green/yellow inside near the mouth. I post two separate pictures so that you can see that the color is not "LED dancing light"

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• PetcoGigantea2014030301.jpg
    PetcoGigantea2014030301.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 2
  • PetcoGigantea2014030302.jpg
    PetcoGigantea2014030302.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 1
Just got to show off my Petco Gigantea. It is multi-color with red/orange on the edge and green/yellow inside near the mouth. I post two separate pictures so that you can see that the color is not "LED dancing light"

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow! Very cool! That's under Radions, correct?

Yes. That is under Radion. I just got three of my Radions back G3 Pro no less from G1. :)

I need to send the next three in.

So this is both a trip down memory lane as well as a request for info. My Gigantea was post #51 in this thread when it was about the size of a half dollar and looked ridiculous it was so bleached. Well, fast forward nearly 1.5 years (sorry I've been away so long, life got busy) and here he is today. He's eaten all of my other tank inhabitants except for the two original clowns and the crafty yellow tang. He's also engaged in some serious chemical warfare with my other corals that has me limited to (1) particular RBTA (I have 5 clones of the same one in the tank) that he seems to like, some zoos, my enormous clam and the maxi-mini next to him that he loves. As an aside, I've found it interesting that he's in contact many times with the RBTA, the clam and the maxi-mini and chooses not to do them harm for some reason. My fish are a completely different story.

Recent Events: For 1.5 years he has been on/in this piece of Pukani with his foot tucked into a deep hole. Well, about a week ago I fed him a scallop as he was looking kind of drab. Apparently this was the straw that broke the camel's back and his fat foot split the rock in half. I can tell he's annoyed as he's been re-positioning for the last couple of days and now has his foot on the floor. I want to help but I have no rock with a fissure large enough for his big foot. Should I just create a rock pile for him and let him figure it out or should I try to find something suitable for him to perch on again ? I know they are rock dwellers but I don't know if they want a rock suitable to their size or will something smaller be OK. He's about 12" around now.

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to let him figure it out but thought I would ask in case I should be proactive.

Right from the fish store (I was convinced the clown was going to love it to death)

His old position on top of his rock

Big guy on the sand bed looking ****ed

He looks happy to me. Don't worry. If you put a large piece of rock there, he will attach to it and will be fine.
Nice Gigantea

Thanks. He's been rather bullet proof in the tank so I figured he would figure it out one way or the other. My unstated worry is that he'll make his way over to the larger rock work in the back of the tank and create some carnage back there which would be unfortunate. But so far he's OK on the rock pile I created behind him to see if he could be happy not moving any further back.

Ok I will throw in mine. It's about three or five years old. Grown by Tapio here in San Diego. He got it at about four and grew it to approx twenty inches:

C601E6E1-C40F-4E73-A54A-6F9C4A14EDB5.jpg

Back