Show off your S. gigantea

Gigantea getting bigger

jkds.jpg

picture.php

picture.php

My two huge Gigantea, each about 18+ inches in diameter. the second one there is actually multi color with green in the middle and multiple color on the edge, purple, orange, green and yelow with brown

Last edited:
What does everyone feed there anemone with?
I feed mine Seafood. What ever my wife brough home for us to eat. She cut a portion for the anemones. I cube them to about 1 cm cube and freeze them in a ziplock back. Then one or two cube per anemone every 2 days. That is a lot of feeding and my anemone goes from 6 inches to 18 inches in less than a year. They don't seem to grow much more after 18 inches. I hope they are getting ready to spawn.

Three more from Petco last week, under treatment

Thread
Three Petco S. gigantea

Pic
attachment.php

it is in the caulerpa mexicana, I think. I got it from a fellow reefer and it is growing like crazy, had to dump a bag full out yesterday.

That is C. taxifolia. The same species that's taking over the Mediterranean, and tried to take over the coast of California. Check your local and import laws before obtaining this species. What ever you do, don't let this algae loose in the wild.

it is in the caulerpa mexicana, I think. I got it from a fellow reefer and it is growing like crazy, had to dump a bag full out yesterday.
That is C. taxifolia. The same species that's taking over the Mediterranean, and tried to take over the coast of California. Check your local and import laws before obtaining this species. What ever you do, don't let this algae loose in the wild.
+ 1 100X :hmm6: - good thing he's land locked in Illinois. :twitch:

But a pond or great lake would be devastated.
- ...global warming raising temps, melting icecaps salt/fresh line creeping further up inland ==:sad2: good grief not another! They already have their poster children zebra mussels, jumping asian carp, lampreys and Jeremy Wade (after the road trippin bull shark, poor sharky) :facepalm:

Been in my tank ~4 months. Previous owner had it 5 years. Seamless transfer. So much easier to start with a healthy one.:thumbsup:

Under a Pacific Sun Pandora S.

gigantea9-8-13_zps96264fe2.jpg

gigoccy9-8-13_zpsdfb24bf8.jpg

Below are two of my Gigantea. One is a multicolored but mostly green and one is a purple Gigantea. I have been feeding them and they have exploded. One is 21-22 inches with measurement today.

attachment.php

Back