Show your Mangrove Systems

Here's my lil tree I just finally got my trates to undetectable in this tank woohoo.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374978427.491774.jpg
I've since righted the tree and she stopped dropping leaves.

55 gal mixed reef 10 gal SPS Dom.
10 gal nem tank 2 maxi minis 2 rock flower and one sunburst RBTA

Sent from some device using some app

I pretty sure I have the most advance mangroves here and i'm gonna show a preview for the first time

di0z.jpg

I pretty sure I have the most advance mangroves here and i'm gonna show a preview for the first time

di0z.jpg

Awwe come on you can't do that PLEASE let us see more. :'(

55 gal mixed reef 10 gal SPS Dom.
10 gal nem tank 2 maxi minis 2 rock flower and one sunburst RBTA

Sent from some device using some app

If you want to see more go to my build thread its in discussion and ill post another preview pic here tonight.

I've seen a lot of system built in glass or acrylic tank. I was wondering if Mangroves roots can actually penetrate the seams of the tank. I thought that I saw an article that the root is pretty strong then it somewhat created leakage. Which kind of making sense, since it is basically a tree.

Also having really really/impressive good results with led plants lighting system on mine (90W) !

Who says that Mangrove grows too slow for pumping nutriements ?
Feel that it is a really good candidate for this task when installed under good conditions !

Mine is peanuts compared to Giga's but the trees are maturing nicely.
epu7uny3.jpg
tadydu7u.jpg

These will be in the 29 display fuge on the other side of the wall once it's up and running.
da7ege2a.jpg

And this is my pride and joy.
4e8uguta.jpg

Hey Giga which type of magrive is the aerial too growing on.

There on my red mangroves and I think I have around 5 arial roots per mangrove and like 3 pneumatophore on my black mangroves

yours are red-if you read my guide at the top of this fourm-there's a pic of all the different common types.

Not an issue, especially not before reaching maturity phase/size ...

Rhizophore mangle root system does have sheer puncture power, but the root system typically grows around/over/under/away from barriers, such as the glass pane/seam.

Only real, pertinent issue is once the tree matures heavily, and/or develops root structure(s) which grow into the corner seam, at a perfectly perpendicular angle, forcing it only thru the seam itself. However, the rarity of this, coupled with the proper maturity of the trees root(s) and the underestimated strength of a quality/properly siliconed aquarium, is incredibly rare ... Despite this, one would be well served to protect the bottom corner seam(s) with a blunt piece of acrylic, or similar material, underneath the sandbed; effectively redirecting the root system away from this "weak link". Weak link is purely relative ...

Last edited:
Back