Sick anemone

marietrg

Have a large anemone I've had in a 200 g tank for about 1.5 years. Over the past week it has looked sick. It is moving around a bit and partly shriveled up. Definitely something is wrong. How do you diagnose a sick anemone? Should I be thinking about adding medication or taking some other action.

Thanks for helping this anemone doctor noob:)

Here are the pics of the sick anemone. I put it in a floating isolation basket with a couple clowns hoping the clowns will nurse it back to health. Any idea what is going on should I be adding anti-biotics?

I had an anemone before "disintegrate" on me this one looks structurally intact just sick... Any ideas??

Attachments

• anemonetop.jpg
    anemonetop.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 0
  • anemoneside.jpg
    anemoneside.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 0
I never had an LTA but from the pic (first pic in post#5), it looks like the outer edges (not the mouth) are starting to turn pale/white. Was it like this before?

From the looks of it, it looks like its starting to melt. One of my RBTA looked like that when it began melting. Back then, I didn't know about nems much and I just left it alone and it got smaller and smaller until literally it looked like a baby aiptasia.. I would move it to a QT/Hospital tank if you want to save it. Antibiotics would be a good start. Take the clowns out.

Back