Sick Blue carpet

locito277

Hey guys a buddy told me about this forum. Thansk Stylo. Long story short I had an impulsive but that I knew would not end well. My LFS had a very large dark blue anemone. It was opened up just fine. Mouth closed and the body was sticky. I asked to see it eat and it did not. Should have stopped there. I also noticed that the foot was not stuck in the ground. Since it was in a basket it was not swaying. Brought it home, acclimated it but it did not grab on anywhere. Once the lights were off last night it looked bad on the bottom. I put it in a basket with holes so that water would move through while it got relieved of stress. Anyhow this is what it looks like now. If there's anything I can do to save it please let me know. I have a lighter blue carpet who is fine and grabbed on immediately.
63e15d21c13a5faa54ab6bb588a280fa.jpg

It almost grabbed on when it was in this spot but only deteriorated from here :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could try treating it with meds. I don't know about haddoni reaction to treatment, doesn't seem they are as responsive as other types to meds (which is why I think a good internal flush/purge may work better). See the sticky thread at the top of this forum. I don't have first hand experience with haddoni treatment (just reading), maybe someone with experience can chime in for you.

If it was me, I'd pull it and try 100% water changes every day in a TT (with no meds) and see if purging it of the crappy water helps any. If you try this, and by day 2 if it doesn't improve, I'd use meds. Best of luck.

You could try treating it with meds. I don't know about haddoni reaction to treatment, doesn't seem they are as responsive as other types to meds (which is why I think a good internal flush/purge may work better). See the sticky thread at the top of this forum. I don't have first hand experience with haddoni treatment (just reading), maybe someone with experience can chime in for you.

If it was me, I'd pull it and try 100% water changes every day in a TT (with no meds) and see if purging it of the crappy water helps any. If you try this, and by day 2 if it doesn't improve, I'd use meds. Best of luck.

Thx let me find the sticky :)

I read it great article. You think I should discard it? It gets flow in there just can't medicate it.

I read it great article. You think I should discard it? It gets flow in there just can't medicate it.

I always gave all the anemones I was trying to save the benefit of the doubt. Unless it smells like sewage, I'd keep trying.

Great news he's huge today! Gotta get a 10 gallon aquarium and supplies!

Just because it inflates one day doesn't mean much. It's a good sign, but don't hang your hopes on it and call it success. Even when dying, they can inflate and look decent once in a while. Keep an eye on it. Waiting to do anything can often get you past the point of return once you realize and start. Sometimes it just takes leaving it alone in good water for it to adjust. Here's hoping that's all it is. :beer:

The best thing you could do is post lots of pics on here and try to get some others input if you're in doubt.

It's looking really good today. When the lights are dim or off it opens. I'll post some pics. Do you recommend trying to feed it or just let it be? Nothing large maybe mysis or something. Thanks again!

It's looking really good today. When the lights are dim or off it opens. I'll post some pics. Do you recommend trying to feed it or just let it be? Nothing large maybe mysis or something. Thanks again!

I have wouldn't do any food until it was looking healthy. I kind of doubt it would take food in its current condition.

No food unless he is completely healthy. I would recommend treatment also. I would base the decision whether to treat or not on how he look at hist worst over the last several days. Even sick anemone look good some of the time.

No food unless he is completely healthy. I would recommend treatment also. I would base the decision whether to treat or not on how he look at hist worst over the last several days. Even sick anemone look good some of the time.

Thx trying to get Cipro! Need a RX though

Sorry guys been complicated. Anemone didn't make it unfortunately. Ordered the fish flor but it turned to mush before the fishflox arrived :-(

Thx again for all the help and I now know about the Cipro which I had no idea before.

Back