sick carpet anemone mouth wide open

johnfallon135

would feeding it help or stress it out more?

Attachments

• IMG_1213.jpg
    IMG_1213.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 0
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 0
Interesting, it kind of looks like it just ate something as opposed to the mouth gaping. How long has the mouth been like that? How long have you had the anemone? Because it looks new to the system, I wouldn't feed. I'd also recommend separating the clowns until the anemone has had time to attach and get acclimated

Probably stressed because that tank is not suited for a haddoni anemone. They need a deep sandbed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wouldn't be on the rock if you had a sandbed. Isn't in the worst shape I've ever seen but it's not going to settle in a look better unless it is in a suitable environment.

actually if i had sand it still would be on the rock as i would have placed it there anyway.. he hasn't moved to look for sand since i put him there.. so i'm guessing everyone has to put their carpets on the sand immediately?

Last edited:
Mine is in the sand. Its moved to the deepest part of the bed, with the column of its base backed up against rock.

I always put haddoni''s on the sandbed right beside a rock. They feel both the rock and the sand and dig in.

It looks like it is stretching.

A few questions:

Age of tank
How long have you had haddoni
pH
Sg
Temperature
Inhabitants
light type and power/cycle
flow type and power

I always put haddoni''s on the sandbed right beside a rock. They feel both the rock and the sand and dig in.

It looks like it is stretching.

A few questions:

Age of tank
How long have you had haddoni
pH
Sg
Temperature
Inhabitants
light type and power/cycle
flow type and power

Agreed with the placement. Mine was in sand only and now is backed up ro the rockface. Has not budged since.

actually if i had sand it still would be on the rock as i would have placed it there anyway.. he hasn't moved to look for sand since i put him there.. so i'm guessing everyone has to put their carpets on the sand immediately?

Anemones will go where they want. Until it has a sand bed it won't be happy.

Back