Since some of you don't get out much

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14298153#post14298153 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NewSchool04
how bout a FTS with the LTA!!

Any idea on what happened to the hadonni?

I took a few of them today (( before I watched the game )) but I didn't like the way they turned out. Will take one tomorrow --- when the lights are on.

I have no idea. I am leaning towards them being bad shippers. There was plenty of water and the temp was good, but the water was a bit cloudy. I would admit if there was something wrong with the tank, but I would think that the SPS would be showing some ill effects (( tests all come back where they should be, and use the same salt/water with my other tanks, and those Haddonis are doing great )).

It would wax/whine with its mouth gaping, but it was never fully closed. One hour I would think it was getting better, and then it would look worse another hour later. If I ever see a good looking one again I will think about trying it again. One nice thing about having 3 tanks, can move anemones around.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14298153#post14298153 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NewSchool04
how bout a FTS with the LTA!!

Here we go, just took some pictures -- and the LTA ate very well tonight, was shocked (( pleasantly so )) at how quickly it pulled in and ate the krill that I gave it.

Further back (( including the sump stand ))

FTSB2_2_09.jpg

Just the tank.

FTSA2_2_09.jpg

Not yet, but that is fine -- will give the anemone more time to settle in -- at least that is what I am telling myself. :)

Was just looking at the tank, can't believe how many pods are running around on the sandbed -- couldn't count them all. I like that even after all these years of keeping tanks, I still will sit and watch pods crawling around for 10 minutes. God I am a dork.

So does an LTA stay on the sand? I tried an RBTA in a shockingly similar looking tank to yours :) and it wandered all over and stung my blue candy cane to death. I'd like to get some kind of nem for my 40 breeder but don't want to risk that again.

Gee, I am shocked that you had a tank that looked just like mine. ;)

Yea, LTAs stay on/in the sandbed (( the only time they might not be is when first put in the tank and they are blown around -- that is if they don't settle in right away )). This one hasn't moved at all since I put it in the tank on Saturday.

Wow the red blue tip milli has grown a lot and very healthy!
I remember when I gave you the really tiny piece when I picked up free 96W pc actinics long ago.

I was trying to remember who gave it to me. :) Thanks. Yea, it is growing great.

Need to get some updated pictures, but I haven't done much with the tank --- two back surgeries in March will do that. I do want to add a dwarf angel, but haven't decide on which one.

Back